Chapter 23:The Final Fight

I relied on the fact that I was unpredictable.No one had thought I would be a Mind Shifter.They did not think that I would also have dormant abilities for most of my life.I never thought like that.Because if I had unpredictable abilities, then surely they would have unpredictable outcomes.I always learned something new about my projections because there were no books or even records of my projection ability.It was like living life on the edge.I got away from everything.I could talk back to the council, and get a different assignment.In spite of all this, I could not think of a way to could get out of here.It felt ironic.

I felt my energy at its peak.I could surely transport myself some hundred times and not get drained.I had to think of some way and I came up with nothing.

"Did you think?"I asked Chris.

"There are no good ideas we can follow here."

"Are you saying we wing it because that's like the most stupid thing we could do right now?"

"The stupid thing is better than any of our ideas."

"It would be better if we get out of here."

We waited for our tormentor.He surely had many things to check upon in his own world.Only he knew where he went.My personal favourite theory was that he went to check his energy source and all the boundaries.His magic wasn't full proof.He acted all high and mighty and though himself a powerful projector but everyone had their limits and weakness.Weakness which we needed desperately.

I was about to fall asleep, when he came back.That annoyed me immensely.I loved my sleep time, and he ruined that too.He casually walked in and smiled when he saw us sitting on the floor tired.

"You could help yourself.There is furniture.Why don't you help yourself?After all this will be your home until further notice."

We stood up.He must have seen something in our expressions because his posture changed.He stood straight but his eyes remained mocking.

"It's not our home."

With that I launched a fireball towards him.

It would have done any damage if it had hit him.I purposely missed him.I needed him to become cocky about his abilities.Surely he did not need any help from me in that department.I wanted him to underestimate me.I saw it working when he laughed.

"You call that an attack.If Yes,I would like to see more."

Chris attacked him with air bursts.They would cause him disturbance in breathing.Because if air was swirling around him,he wouldn't breathe normally.

I stood straight with my in a pushing position.I always preferred to move my right hand but this time I used my left hand to create an anticlockwise rotating air burst around him.It was like a mini tornado.It wouldn't do him much damage except maybe launching him off the ground.

He managed to counter-attack it, and his appearance was disheveled.That gave me great satisfaction.

"Those childish tricks won't work on me."

"But the way I see it,they are working.You look like you are sick,Savir."

And now he looked annoyed.I wanted him angry.Because it causes much destruction than needed.

"I will show you what I can do."

With a flick of his hand,he summoned his minions or whatever he called them.I liked calling them Cloaked Trouble.

They were standing in a different arrangement, unlike their previous visit.I then realised I was about to fight both physically and also mentally when they attacked.

I put a wall of energy in my right side and hit the two apparitions on my left side with fire balls.I saw Savir smirking at us.In a way he was fighting but also resting.He was the one who controlled these apparitions after all.Those on my right,the three apparitions were actively trying to break my block and I found it weakening.It was good that I had the energy projection, or the block wouldn't have survived this long.

I turned towards my right and blasted them off with my block.They returned again in a matter of seconds.They can't be killed or incapacitated because they were Projections.They could only be turned on or off in a way.And that knowledge was limited to Savir.I saw Chris fighting them physically.He must have some trick up his sleeve.

I concentrated on trapping them in a ball of energy.If that had to happen they must be in same region.Concentrating on one ball was easy than five balls.They again surrounded me.I made a split second decision.It was different from the last time we fought.It was easy to put them out of commission.

I could not transport out of this place, but I could transport inside this place.I effectively moved from the centre of circle to the back managing to get out of their coverage.I put an energy block on all of them.

I looked at Chris and he had managed to counter attack all of them at the same time by making their energies collide.I immediately put the energy shield on them too.It was hard controlling the shield as they were pushing with all their might and I felt many blows.I staggered back but did not loosen my hold.I pointed my palms towards the two balls of energies and pushed them with all my magic.It didn't work at first but then I pushed them.

I managed to pull them towards each other and coalesce them loke water bubbles.It was easier than before to control the ball.

Chris then out another block on it and they were trapped.Savir looked thunderous now.He wouldn't have expected us to know energy blocking.We did not know we could do that.But it's true that desperate times call for desperate measures.And we just came to know that our fight in the class was nothing compared to what it was here.That bet was nothing.

"You think that's all.Now what would you do?"

He pushed his right palm towards Chris and a white light hit him.

It happened very fast that I did not understand it till later.The Time Shifter used his magic, and I witnessed it.

Chris was frozen still to the spot.

Author's note:
Hey everyone!Thanks for reading.

What do you think?What do you think would happen next?

If you like this,please consider leaving a comment or voting this.