Chapter Forty-one

Roman's P.O.V

"I have an idea!" Dee says quickly walking into the commons with Carsen. I'm glad they've been sticking together. I've also been getting to know the other sides over the past week. I don't know if I can forgive Dee yet for what he put Anx through but he actually doesn't seem too bad. I stand up and walk over to them and glance at the papers he sets down. 

"Wait are you serious? You want me to make that," I say once I finish reading one of the papers. 

"It could work Roman. I went over it with Carsen and Logan. If the two smartest people in the mindscape think it could work then why not?" Dee says and I watch the blush appear on Car's face. 

I lean next to Dee and whisper, "So did you ask Carsen out yet?" 

He touches my arm and shocks me so I pull back. 

"Shut up..." he says. I notice his small smile though. I laugh softly at his reaction. 

"Honestly though, I can't make that. Do you know how much magic power that would take? Not to mention I don't think I can make something that complex. I'm not a miracle worker I can't create a human being," I explain as Logan enters the room with Patton.

"You do not need to create a human being, you need to create another side. We are not actually living human beings and besides you only need to create a vessel where we can put Devin's life force. Patton can help using his memory magic," Logan explains. 

Carsen goes on to explain that I just need to create the body and then Dee will use his lightning magic to give it a 'jump start'. After that, both Dee and Thomas will use a power transference spell to make sure it can hold him. 

"I don't know. Even if we manage to do that, how do we get him out of Virgil?" I ask still unsure if I can actually make that. 

Logan walks closer to me saying, "The same power transference spell but in a different way. 

Virgil has to be the one to do it but he will need your help Roman. He will need his anchor. He has to zero in on Devin's life force within himself. It will be difficult but I believe Virgil is strong enough to do it."

"How do we find him though? He left his phone behind, Dee can't track him anymore and Logan can't track him because of his stealth magic. What now?" Hunter questions. He must've sunk in with Thomas. 

"Hunter has a point," Thomas adds. Where are you Anx? 

It's been a week since he was here last and no one has seen or heard from him since. Thomas still has his anxiety and he had to have come back to the mindscape at one point, otherwise he would've faded by now. So that begs the question; what has Devin been doing? Is he still in charge or is Virgil? 

"We will find him but there might be a little problem we will have once Devin has a body of his own," Logan tells everyone. Thomas and I both ask what it will be and he tells us that Devin may get his magic back. Great. 

"How is everything at the guild hall?" Patton asks. Thomas and Hunter share a unsure look before shaking their heads. 

"Someone trashed it last night," Thomas says with a frown. 

"Looks like a storm ripped through it," Hunter says right after.

Thomas' P.O.V

"You should go check on things at the guild hall and update everyone," Logan suggests after sinking into the real world to make sure I'm awake. I nod as he sinks back down. 

Standing up I start to stretch while at the same time letting out a long yawn. Afterwards I take a shower, get dressed, check my phone and wonder if I should ask Carsen to take me to the guild hall.