Chapter Twenty

Thomas' P.O.V

It's been a few days since Virgil showed Joan his magic and they're still talking about it. 

"Yes, I know how amazing it is and yes I'm aware he's stronger than the other's. I'll talk with you later, okay?" I say on the phone. 

We each say our goodbyes and I summon two of the sides; Roman and Logan. 

"I'm going to take a break from the Dark Side of Disney video because I have to announce something and you two are going to love it. Okay you can go back," I say and they ask what it is. Hehehe. Once they sink down I turn on the camera and say my intro, "What is up everybody?"

T: Okay for anybody who is new out there on this channel, we have a pretty special relationship with a certain jelly brand... (insert flashback) Well, today, uh, I have a special announcement, and this is absolutely a hundred percent true. That's right. We have actually, officially... partnered with Crofter's.

L: What?! (he says popping up)

T: Right?

R: Oh my, gosh peck. Yes! (he says popping up almost right after)

T: Right? When I first heard about it my mouth was, like, ajar!

R: I propose, that we compose, A BALLAD to celebrate the occasion!

L: I-I, hm, I can barely breathe.

T: Now guys, easy, I know you two must be excited, but I don't think I can handle a musical Sanders Sides RIGHT AFTER the last video... I wouldn't wanna SPREAD MYSELF TO THIN! Right? Like you spread jelly?

R: Now Thomas I do appreciate the play on words, truly I do. But do not fear. It's SMEAR-ly a little jingle.

T: Oh, you tricky minx!

L: Roman, I love Crofter's, but the idea of a musical ditty dedicated entirely to a partnership with them... IS AN IDEA I LOVE POSSIBLY EVEN MORE! (he shouts almost falling over)

R: (takes a deep breath before quietly saying) Yay!

T: Hit it! (I say pointing at him)

R: (singing) It's hard to stay informed these days with news so intense. We're bombarded with grim black currant events. I should drop this whole serious song pretense, 'cause this song is not about all that.

T: (singing) We made a partnership with Crofter's! We heard a roar across the border that we think came from their bear. We believe it meant to extend us an offer...

R: (singing) ...for which I plan to make a jam that's just as tasty as theirs!

L: (speaking) So let me get this straight...

R: (speaking) Good luck with that!

L:  (speaking) There was no email exchange between our team and the people with Crofter's Organic?

T: (speaking) No.

L: (speaking) A roar, as you described it, was heard and interpreted as a partnership offer that is believed to have been made by Crofter's bear mascot all the way from Ontario, Canada?

T: (speaking) Sure!

L: (speaking) That makes perfect sense! (singing) Dreams come true, that's news to me. How wild... blueberry. Who knew that our buffoonery would bear fruit so divine? Even (riffing) I... I don't have the vocabulary to describe what I'm, feeling inside. But for me it's very unordinary. The first time you bought a jar, I remember the day. In a local health foods grocery.