Chapter Thirty-five

Dee's P.O.V

"Red Rain!" Hunter says. 

A large ball of flames appears in front of him which smaller ones fire from in a scattered formation. I dodge each fireball before using my lightning magic to throw a bolt at him. He looks surprised but rolls away quickly throwing a fireball which hits me. I fly back and hit the wall behind me, hard. 

"You need to use your lightning magic Dee. It's fast and powerful," Hunter tells me after helping me up. 

"I know Hunter. Where's Carsen?" I ask him as we sit on a nearby bench. 

"Oh I get it, you're distracted. He's in his room," he responds with a smirk. 

Of course, I know exactly what he's thinking. He still thinks I like Carsen. Maybe... 

"Will you drop it Hunter? Why is it that despite me being the leader, you still rarely listen to me?" I ask him in an annoyed tone. 

"Alright, alright I'll drop it. For now," he says still smirking. I touch his arm to shock him a little. 

"Hey! Not cool. How about you let me set you on fire and we'll call it even?" he asks laughing so I reach my arm out to shock him again but he jumps up to dodge it. I laugh with him and we start to head back to the dark commons after training for the last 3 ½ hours.

"I need to ask you something," he says in a serious tone and stops in the hallway. 

"What are you planning to do about the light sides? And what are you going to do with Thomas?" he asks. 

"We're going to stick with the plan. Kill the light sides, take control of Thomas and hopefully Virgil snaps out of his fantasy. He's not a light side and he never will be," I tell him before starting to walk away. 

"And if he doesn't?" He asks me. "What happens to him if he doesn't join back up with us?" he asks. 

I take a deep breath and calmly say, "Then he will die with them." 

While walking into my room he calls out to me, "I'll follow your lead Dee but if you want to kill Virgil you have to do it yourself." 

I close my door, making sure to lock it and just stand there for a moment. Can I kill Virgil? No. It doesn't matter if he doesn't love me anymore. I don't have the heart to kill him. Then I'll lock him away. I'm not sure I can even do that... 

Suddenly I get a sense that I only get with the dark sides. That's why the feeling I had while talking to Virgil was so familiar. It was because I was with him. As the leader, I have the ability to sense them no matter how far apart we are. But the person I'm sensing has been dead for years. That's not possible. I try to dismiss it but it doesn't go away. This is something I can't ignore because if he's back... no I can't get ahead of myself. But if he is back he's going to go after Virgil. He could get rid of him for me. I need a second opinion.

D: Hunter, get in here now. I need to speak with you.

H: Ugh, what did I do this time?

D: Now, it's urgent.

H: I'm coming now.

Only about three minutes go by before there's a knock on my door. I open it and pull Hunter in. I start to close my door but I see Carsen looking at me with a look between curiosity and concern. I don't have time and I don't want him to know. 

After closing my door and making sure to lock it I look over at Hunter who's already made himself comfortable on my bed. I swear. 

"What's so important you had to pull me away from hanging with Carsen?" Hunter asks.