Chapter Seventeen

Logan's P.O.V

"Pat, I will be right back. I am going to get some water," I say as I stand up from the couch and walk to the kitchen. I grab a glass from the cabinet and begin to fill it with some water when I hear someone in my head causing me to drop it on the floor.

?: Hello Logan.

L: Who is this?

?: Ask Virgil. He's been lying to you. He wants to hurt you. Kill you.

L: What? That is a lie! Who is this?

?: ...

L:Hello?

"Patton, get in here!" I yell out as I try to use my archive magic to find out who it was I spoke to. What did he mean by ask Virgil? 

"Lo, what's wrong? What are you doing with your archive magic?" Patton asks as he enters the kitchen. 

He sees the glass on the floor and starts to clean it up. I ignore his question and look for Virgil. There he is and he is with Roman as well, good.

L: Roman? Virgil? We need you two in the kitchen.

R: We will be right there.

It should not take them this long, so, where are they?

L: Both of you need to get to the kitchen, now!

L: Thomas, can you come to the mindscape?

T: I'll just be a minute.

Thomas' P.O.V

L: Thomas, can you come to the mindscape?

T: I'll just be a minute.

I wonder what's going on in the mindscape. Logan doesn't usually use his telepathy with me. I place my laptop on the side and sink down. I appear in the commons and look around but don't see them. 

"Logan? Are you here?" I call out. Patton comes from the kitchen and tells me to follow him. This seems serious. 

"Thomas, has anyone new joined our guild?" he asks. That's a weird question. 

"Not that I know of. Why?" I ask. He tells me we have to wait for Roman and Virgil before he says anything else.

They walk into the kitchen a few minutes later. 

"Okay, they're here. Now are you going to tell us what is up?" I ask him. He closes his archive magic and looks directly at Virgil. 

"Virgil, you are my closest friend and because of this I want to give you the benefit of the doubt. Is there something you know about that the rest of us do not?" We all look at Virgil and he looks scared. 

"What do you mean?" he asks, his voice cracking. He doesn't look like the Virge I know.

"Someone contacted me through my telepathy and told me that you were hiding something from us. If you say that it is not true I will gladly drop the subject." Logan says not looking away from him. 

"It's not-" he stops and I notice him squeeze Roman's hand before pulling away. 

"Anx?" he asks concerned. 

"There are other sides and they want you all dead. Especially you." he says looking at me. 

"What?! Why me? And what do you mean there are other sides?!" I ask in shock.

Roman's P.O.V

I'm trying to pay attention to what he's saying but can't help but notice he's acting different. At first he was fine but then he looked scared when Logan asked him the question. Now, he doesn't seem anxious or shy like he usually does and he doesn't look scared anymore either. He looks mad.

"Virgil, how do you know there are other sides?" Logan asks just as calm as he was before. 

"Where did you think I was before Patton found me? I used to be one of them but I locked them away and left when I found out what they were going to do," Anx says. 

He's talking clearly and more confident than before. 

He turns away from us and lowers his voice to barely a whisper before saying, "Actually that's a lie. That's not when I left. I left after I met Patton." He looks back at Patton. "If I hadn't met you when I did, you would all be dead," he says. 

While the rest of us are silently freaking out, Logan seems calm as ever. 

"Who are these other sides you mentioned?" he asks casually. Is he not concerned at all? 

"They're the Dark Sides; Hate, Jealousy and-" he stops and takes a breath before continuing, "and Deceit. Or as I know them Hunter, Carsen and Dee." 

He looks at Thomas, "You were never supposed to find out about them. I'm sorry, I tried to protect you guys." Thomas puts a hand on his shoulder and assures him it's okay. 

"You did what you thought was best," Thomas says.

Why did he hesitate? Virgil spends the next hour explaining to us the dark sides plan. How they want to take control of Thomas's body and kill us. He even told us how Deceit took over his body to release them and they're loose in the mindscape. But I only really paid attention to two things. One is how he was going to help them and the only reason he didn't was because of Patton. The second is how he never really said that Dee guy's name and how uncomfortable he seemed talking about him. I can't help but wonder why...