chapter 22

Cheryl sat in her seat, trying so hard to keep her emotions in as she watched Toni walk into the classroom late as she always did. She had almost forgotten that she had switched seats with the boy who sat next to Cheryl until she saw that it was the only seat open. Toni was in no mood to start anything today so she just sat down at her desk beside Cheryl. Their teacher was so use to Toni coming in late, she just never cared anymore and continued her lesson. Toni sat in her seat with her back laid back against her chair and took her phone out of her pocket as she began to scroll through her notifications. She heard some light breaths that sounded like someone was trying hard to stop crying. Toni had an idea of who it might be but she didn't want to believe it. Toni knew she hurt this girl and she knew that she had really liked her but yet she still put up her careless act. Toni took a quick side glance over to her redheaded neighbor and saw the Blossom wipe away her tears quickly as she hid her face so that no one else could see. Toni looked to her teacher for a moment. Not because she was listening, but because she was the only one she could look at directly in front of her. She wasn't listening or watching anything, she was lost deep in her thoughts as she began to think about everything. She thought about her brother being in a coma and how it hurts her just to think about it. She thought about her morning rendezvous with Josie who she knew was just gonna be one of the others girls she hooked up with in the past. She knew Josie was just going to be forgotten like every other girl she's ever been with. But why was it different with Cheryl?, Toni asked herself. Toni actually felt guilty for how she made Cheryl feel. The second Toni walked out of that stall and saw Cheryl, she knew that she had definitely hurt her. Usually she didn't care, but for some reason, this was different. Toni tried so hard to push the guilt down so that her heart didn't hurt when she glanced over to see if the girl was still crying. Toni sighed and shook her head slightly to brush off her thoughts. She gripped on the strap of her bookbag that was on the floor and waited for the bell to ring. She knew she had only 5 minutes left in class but it had felt like 30 instead. She was so focused staring at the door that she didn't even notice that Cheryl had walked out with her belongings. The bell hadn't rung, Toni looked at the clock, then to her teacher who had seemed like she knew Cheryl just walked out of her classroom. Toni was confused up until she realized that maybe she got permission to go somewhere else. Toni for some reason wanted to chase after her, but then she didn't know what she'd do or say. She contemplated chasing after the redhead for 15 seconds before she stood up, slipping her phone in her pocket as strapped her bookbag over her right shoulder and practically ran out the door. She heard her teacher calling out for her but she continued to walk out regardless of her consequences she knew she might end up getting. She looked around the hall but saw no one. She took a risk and took the hallway to her left. Toni ran through the hall and stopped at the corner when she saw a redhead around the corner about to enter the next hall. Toni stood in the corner for a moment before she decided to go on.

"Hey!" Toni yelled across the hall as she ran towards the redhead.

It had seemed like she didn't hear her because the girl had continued to walk like nothing was going on around her.

"Red!" Toni called as she finally reached the girl.

The redhead turned around and faced the eyes of the serpent she so badly didn't want to see anymore.

"A-are you okay?" Toni asked as she looked into the puffy red eyes of the girl in front of her.

Cheryl just rolled her eyes and wiped away her tears that were forming.

"I-I'm"

"No you're not." Toni interrupted, knowing exactly what the Blossom was going to say next.

Toni looked at Cheryl before making her next move. She reached out for her hand.

"C'mon gingersnap." Toni said with her signature smirk as she got a grip of Cheryl's hand.

Cheryl looked to their hands and didn't look back up at Toni. She just stood their staring at their hands making contact. Cheryl felt safe and wanted again by Toni just with that touch. Cheryl knew that Toni had just caused her heartbreak and pain but in that moment, Cheryl forgot. It wasn't until the bell rang that Cheryl snapped back into reality, whipping her hand back to her side and quickly walking away as all the students began rushing out their classes.

Toni just stood there in the middle of the hall like nothing was going on around her. Outside in reality were the sounds of many students talking and rushing to their next class. But inside Toni's head... It was just the sound of the million thoughts and feelings rushing through her head. She just stood there, people shoved and ran past her but yet she didn't even nudge just a little bit to start anything with the people who were in her personal bubble. The world continued to play out around her while she was stuck in a moment inside her head. The late bell had rung and that's when Toni knew that she had to snap out of her mind to go on with the day. She shook her head and realized that all the students were once again already in their classes.

"Topaz!"

When Toni heard the stern voice of Mr. Weatherbee she sighed.

"Fuck." Toni said in a whisper as she pursed her lips together.

Toni looked ahead of her for a moment before slowly turning around to face her superior.
-
-
-
-
-
let me know what you guys thought of this chapter.. And your thoughts on what might happen next between Cheryl and Toni.. Feel free to share ideas on what you want to happen next! Sorry for updating almost two weeks after, I've been really busy and stressed and i've had no time. But here you guys go, I know it's shorter than usual and it's not a great chapter but I promise I will make an effort for my next chapter! LIKE AND COMMENT FOR MORE UPDATES!