chapter 17

The bell signaling for the end of the school day rang. All Riverdale High students rushed out of the building eager to head home. Cheryl was over at her locker with Veronica and Betty, as she spotted her brother talking to a Serpent across the hall. Cheryl quickly finished packing up her things and slammed her locker shut.

"Veronica, I'll meet you outside, by your car." Cheryl told the raven-haired girl.

Veronica nodded as Betty and her made their way out of the building. That was all the cue Cheryl needed to go on and chase her brother. Cheryl rushed beside her brother as the Serpent had walked away from him.

"JayJay." Cheryl called.

Jason turned his head and smiled as he looked over to his sister.

"Hey, Cher."

"Do you know what's wrong with Toni?"

"She needs space. Just give her time." Jason said with a smile.

Cheryl looked to her brother. She was irritated at the fact that her brother wouldn't tell her what was going on. She knew that Jason knows.

"Anyways, Cher.. I've gotta get going. See you at home." Jason excused himself and started walking to the exit.

"Wait.. Where are you going?" Cheryl said as she rushed beside her brother.

Jason sighed as the two continued walking out to the parking lot. "To take care of some business. Just go home, Cheryl."

"But I want to know what's going on with Toni!" Cheryl argued as the two stopped in their tracks in the middle of the school parking lot.

"Cheryl, she's fine. And she said she wants space, so just let it be and let her. I can't tell you what I know because I know nothing. I can only assume of what I think might be going on in her life by taking a good look at her, which hasn't helped at all because I still don't know much information. All I know is that she told me she needed space from you because she can't be around you the way her life is going right now." Jason admitted.

Cheryl's face dropped as she heard her brothers last sentence. She lost eye contact with him, laying her head down looking towards the floor. She pushed her glasses up higher on the bridge of her nose as she thought. How could she just do that to me? Just leave me alone without saying why? I thought we had something going on.. I really liked her, and maybe I was too dumb to think she felt the same way.

"I need to talk to her, JayJay... Please let me come with you. I know you're going to go meet with the serpents." Cheryl begged as she picked her head back up to look at her brother.

"No, Cheryl! The Southside is too dangerous for you. Just leave her alone, Cher. Just go home. I'll see you soon." Jason said as he pulled his little sister into a hug, kissing the top of her head.

"Fine." Cheryl mumbled, as she hugged back.

The two pulled away and went their separate ways. Jason, went over to the Serpents and Cheryl walked over to Veronica's car, getting in the backseat since Betty got to the passengers seat first. Veronica began driving out of the parking lot.

"Cousin Betty?" Cheryl called.

"What's up, Cher?" Betty responded.

"Where do the Serpents have their meetings?" Cheryl asked, knowing that she'd know since she was dating the Serpent King, Jughead.

"Whyte Wyrm."

"Do you know where it's located?" Cheryl asked.

"Yes, Cheryl. Why?"

"Veronica, take us to the Whyte Wyrm, please? And.. It's because I really need to see Toni but she's avoiding me and I feel like this is the only way she'll talk to me." Cheryl admitted.

The two girls in the front seat nodded, understanding why Cheryl wanted to go.

-

Toni sat at the bar of the Whyte Wyrm as she awaited her brother. The whole gang was there already, including Jason. Little did Jason know that Cheryl, Veronica and Betty all followed minutes behind.

Asher finally walked in, his school was much further than Riverdale High now that Southside High was shut down, so it took him awhile to get back to the Southside. Just as Jason had predicted, the two most untrustworthy men in Riverdale barged in through the doors of the hangout spot. Everyone stood up and around the two men. The three uninvited Northside girls made their way to the back, hiding themselves, making sure that they were going unnoticed.

"Serpents, you have about 15 seconds to get out of here or I'll take down this building with all of you in it." Clifford Blossom stated.

Hiram looked over to his friend with a smirk.

"No, no, no. How about we have some fun with this?" Hiram said as he whispered into Cliffords ear.

Clifford nodded, reaching his right hand towards the inside pocket of his coat. He smirked up at the gang for a moment before pulling out a gun. All the serpents made sure to stand taller and stare down the man with the gun.

Cheryl looked over to her cousin and best friend for a moment before staring right at her father. She crouched down under the bar with the two other girls as she watched what was going on. She was terrified of what was about to happen and so were the other two girls.

"Dad." Jason called as he walked through the crowd of serpents.

"Jason? What are you doing here?"

"I knew you were up to something."

"Jason. Son, why don't you come join us? We'll forget you ever saw this. I'll teach you all of my strategies."

"No, why?"

"Don't you want to be like your father, Jason? When I'm gone, you'll have the business."

"No, Dad.. I don't want to have or be a part of your stupid illegal business." Jason admitted.

"Fine. You know too much though." Clifford said as he pointed the gun right at his son's chest.

"D-Dad.." Jason stammered as he looked to where the gun was pointing then up to look into his fathers eyes.

The serpents surrounded the Blossom's and got closer to Jason, in a protective way. Clifford gripped on tighter onto his gun and made sure to point it at his target: Jason's chest, where his heart is.

"Jason." Cheryl cried in a whisper as she watched.

Clifford placed his finger on the trigger, and stared at his son. Jason just stood there, completely frozen and just watching carefully at exactly what his father was doing. The Blossom men were having a stare down for a moment until Clifford began to slowly pull the trigger when SweetPea got a grip of the gun and took it from the man, while kicking him real hard on his stomach. Clifford bent down and fell to the ground as he held his stomach, trying to catch his breath. A gun shot was heard, but the two boys had noticed that it didn't hit Jason or SweetPea himself. The two boys looked around to see if it had hit one of the serpents. They thought they were in the clear when they didn't hear anything. That's when they heard the screams of a familiar person.
-
-
-
-
-
AHHH!! Who do you think got shot????!! Hope this chapter is good enough for you guys! ❤️ COMMENT AND LIKE FOR MORE UPDATES.