chapter 4

Toni pulled into the Blossom residence and got off her motorcycle once she parked. Toni took a look at the house and took in all the details.

"Lavish." Toni said to herself.

Toni removed her helmet and placed it on her seat, then made her way to the front door with her bookbag on. She knocked on the door and about a minute later and older redheaded woman opened the door. Toni assumed it was Cheryl's mother and spoke up.

"Hi, my name is Toni Topaz. I'm here to see, Cheryl. We're working on a project for school together." Toni said, smiling up at the older redhead.

The woman nodded and smiled back at her, letting her in. "Welcome to Thornhill, Toni. I'm Penelope Blossom, Cheryl's mother."

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Blossom." Mrs. Blossom smiled at the serpent and called for her daughter to come down.

As the older redhead walked out of the room, the younger one had just entered. Cheryl greeted Toni and led her up to her bedroom. Toni looked around at the details of the inside of the Blossom home as they made their way up to Cheryl's bedroom.

Toni sat on Cheryl's bed as Cheryl basically finished up the entire project by herself at her desk.

"Living lavish, huh, gingersnap." Toni said as she looked at the back of Cheryl's head.

Cheryl turned herself around in her chair and faced Toni. Cheryl looked at Toni and once again, tensed up at the nickname. Cheryl grew nervous looking at Toni and decided to turn back around to finish the work.

Cheryl then remembered the little interaction between her brother and the serpent and just couldn't help herself. "Why were you talk to JayJay this morning?" Cheryl asked straightforwardly while she continued her work.

"Jason?" Toni asked. Toni saw Cheryl nod from behind and took that as a yes.

"Oh, we were just talking about some stuff." Toni said, trying to hide the real reason. "What stuff?" "About football. Jug's writing a piece for the school newspaper and told me to talk to Jason for him real quick." Toni responded.

Toni hoped that Cheryl believed her so that the conversation could finally come to an end. Cheryl had come to the conclusion that Toni wasn't going to tell her. I mean they barely knew eachother. Not yet at least. Cheryl thought to herself, Why doesn't she want to tell me? What's going on between them? Are they hiding something from me? Cheryl decided she was done with the topic and ignored Toni's response, knowing well that she was lying. Cheryl wanted to find out more but she knew she had to get close to her to find out. Getting close to Toni is something Cheryl didn't want to happen because she knew that her undeniably developing feelings that she had when she was around this girl is what always made her feel those butterflies inside. It made Cheryl nervous knowing that she might be having these feelings towards Toni Topaz, Riverdale's baddest serpent. Cheryl knew Toni's reputation. Of course she did, who doesn't? Everyone at Riverdale High knew. Cheryl knew that Toni was a player. Cheryl didn't know how to deal with this. She was scared to fall for a girl who she knew might break her heart. Cheryl didn't know how to feel about anything. I mean she wasn't even sure of her sexuality to be completely honest. So she wasn't sure if these feelings towards the pink-haired girl were real or not.

It was silent for a moment until the redhead spoke up again after few minutes had gone by, "Why are you even here?" Cheryl asked.

"What do you mean why? To finish the project." Toni answered.

Cheryl sighed and turned around in her chair once again looking at the pink-haired girl that was smiling sweetly at her already. In this moment, it was the first time Cheryl could look right into Toni's eyes and not feel that nervousness as she did before. Cheryl felt comfortable with Toni's sweet smile faced at her.

"I meant.. I told you I could've done it by myself and just put your name on it. All you're doing is staring at me. Why do you choose to be here when you aren't actually doing anything to help me with the project? Don't you have better things to do? I know you don't actually care about school so what's your deal?" Cheryl admitted to Toni.

Toni got up from Cheryl's bed that she was laying on and slowly made her way over to Cheryl. There goes that feeling again. Butterflies in my stomach. Nervousness all around, Cheryl thought to herself. Toni came over and approached Cheryl. She stopped right in front of the redhead and smiled at her.

"Maybe I just wanted to get to know you better." Toni leaned in closer to her face and looked into Cheryl's eyes.

They were inches apart. Cheryl's heart began to beat rapidly at this action. Toni smirked at Cheryl as she noticed the girl becoming nervous again.

"Do I make you nervous?" Toni asked as she took a strand of the redhead's hair and pushed it back behind her ear.

Cheryl looked at Toni for a moment then avoided as much eye contact as possible. Cheryl sat up from her chair, causing the serpent to stand back.

Cheryl looked down and pushed in her glasses and cleared her throat, "Well, I'm finished with the project. You can go now, Toni." Cheryl told Toni, completely ignoring the question that the serpent girl had asked her just a moment ago.

Cheryl opened the door for Toni to exit her home. It was raining and Cheryl had looked outside to find that Toni had brought her motorcycle.

Cheryl contemplated her next words and looked over to the shorter girl, "Do you need a ride? Its raining, maybe I can drive you home. Where do you live?" Toni turned around to face the girl as she was getting ready to answer the ginger's question.

"I live everywhere." Toni said with a straight face while Cheryl looked at her curious as to what that meant. "Thanks for the offer gingersnap, but I'll just drive in the rain." Cheryl nodded.

"Be careful then." Cheryl commanded as Toni turned back around to face her vehicle.

"I will. Don't worry, sweetheart." Cheryl blushed a bit at the nickname.

"See you in class tomorrow." Cheryl said with a slight smile. "Maybe." Toni said with a smile, looking at the redhead as she put her helmet on and turn on her bike. 

Toni drove off and Cheryl rushed back inside. She closed the door behind her and leaned with her back against the door. Cheryl smiled remembering that little interaction that the two had shared the entire day. Cheryl liked Toni so close to her, but she didn't know if she was allowed to like it. She liked the fact that Toni was mysterious. She knew nothing about this girl, yet, she always grew so nervous around her.
-
-
-
-
-
Again with Jason and Toni? What do you guys think is up with those two? And Cheryl's "undeniably developing feelings" for Toni? Toni the flirt.. Only using girls to get what she wants. Hehe. LIKE AND COMMENT FOR UPDATES!