Chapter Thirty

Later in the day,

"Hey Rin, do you still remember who attacked you?" Leon ask in all seriousness.

"During that time, I can only remember that I was going to the nearby river to wash up but on my way back, I felt a weird presence. Before I know it, someone attacked me from behind and used a cloth to cover my mouth. I struggled but in the end I fell unconscious. Sorry I did not manage to see his face." Rin recounted that awful experience.

"Who could it be then?" Akira questioned.

"Well, as offsprings of generals and officials of the royal court, it is normal to have enemies." Leon said.

"I will report this to my father when I get back." Rin concluded.

--- Time Skip ---

"Min-na, Ohayo!" Akira stretched her arms as she greeted everyone.

"Have a good sleep? We are going for western style breakfast today!" Yuzuru asked as he spread a spoonful of jam on the bread before giving it to Akira.

"Yeah, after two days of non-stop hunting for monsters, I finally got a good rest." Akira complained while taking the bread, munching on it.

Yuzuru only chuckled, "Well, we are going to fight the Ice Demon in a couple of days, so we gotta be in our best shape."

"Where are the others?" Akira asked while looking around the house.

"Leon and Rin went to town to settle some documents a few minutes ago." Yuzuru replied.

"O...kayyy, looks like ever since Rin got poisoned, they have gotten closer. Hmmm, there must be something going on." Akira raised her eyebrows suggestively as she smirked.

"Who knows?" Yuzuru innocently replied, seemingly not caring about them.

"You are no fun! I was still thinking of stalking them." Akira lightly hit him on the back as she sat down on the chair with a loud thud.

Yuzuru only shrugged his shoulders.

An hour later,

"We are back!" Rin called out.

"Welcome back!" Yuzuru and Akira shouted.

Yuzuru was just practicing his sword skills while Akira was chilling at a corner watch him practice.

"Hey guys, I have got great news! As a group, we did not have much bonding activities and earlier at the town, we found out that there would be a festival later in the night so Leon and I decided that it would be great if we could go together." Rin exclaimed, seemingly excited for the festival.

"What do you guys think?" Leon asked.

"I would love to go!" Akira squealed.

"I don't mind." Yuzuru nonchalantly replied before going back to his practice.

"Alright then." Rin clasped her hands together as a sign of approval.