Chapter Thirteen

One month has passed and it was already the winter season. Whenever the winter season begins, the streets would be crowded with people and many would just go out of their house to purchase some of the most exquisitely designed goods only available this season. Festivals would be specially planned with the most popular one being the Festival for the Winter Solstice. It used to be only celebrated among the royals and other distinguished guests, however they opened it up to the public such that everyone can enjoy the festive season. It is the largest scale festival ever planned in Icexath for many years.

"Guys, gather around!" Ito sensei shouted and soon all employees of the pharmacy has gathered in the main hall. "Since the Winter season is coming, after today, everyone would be dedicated three days off to spend time with your family and friends. All of you have worked hard throughout the spring season so its time to take a little break." Ito sensei announced. Upon hearing the announcement, everyone's faces immediately lit up, smiles plastered on their faces. "Thank you Ito sensei!" Everyone said in unison before chatting with their friends on how they would spend the holiday. It was not long until the pharmacy was filled with the laughter and chattering of the excited employees.

After several moments, everyone was already packing their stuff, ready to enjoy their short holiday. Yuzuru being no exception was also very excited yet was unsure of what he could do during his break considering he have not live in Icexath long enough to understand the place well. Just as he was about to leave, Akira came to drop by and both of them ending up going back home together.

"Hey Yuzuru, I heard from Uncle Ito that you guys are going to have a three day break, no?" Akira asks.

"Yeah!" Yuzuru happily exclaimed.

"So what are you going to do? Camp at home as usual? hahaha!" Akira said with silent hints of sarcasm.

"I am excited but I dont know what to do. Everyone is going to visit and spend time with their family but my family isnt even here so..." Yuzuru sadly replied, bringing the mood down a little.

"Well, there's me here!" Akira gave a pat on Yuzuru's back hoping that it would console him a little, though the mood did not get any better.

"By the way, tomorrow is the Festival of the Winter Solstice, do you want to come with me to the festival?" Akira asks as she place her hands behind her back, silently hoping that Yuzuru would say yes.

"Since there is nothing much for me to do anyways, sure!" Yuzuru agreed. Akira immediately smiled.

Soon, both of them reached the entrance of the Tokuha Manor. "So here is where we part I guess. Well, see you tomorrow?" Akira said.

"I will pick you up here at 4?" Yuzuru asked. Being the gentlemen he is, he had to pick the girl up.

Akira nodded before bading goodbye to Yuzuru. Her heart slightly fluttering at the thought of them going out together.

Yuzuru, on the other hand, was confused about his feelings. Those butterflies he felt in his stomach whenever they touch or even just interact. As a 23 year old who have not experienced love, this new yet irresistable feeling was making him feel dizzy all around. Do I like her? He thought. He does not know, for all this is too confusing for the then inexperienced Yuzuru.

Back at home, he lie on his bed, thinking about those memories forged here at Icexath. It was special however he knew he could not get too attached to this place, as he has to go back to his real home one day. With that, he fell asleep.

The next day,

"Akira! What is with all those clothes sprawled on the ground? Are you going somewhere?" Rina asks Akira upon seeing the mess before her.

"I am going to meet your onii chan. But I cant find a suitable dress to wear. This seems too formal and this one is just too plain to me." Akira replied, pointing to the one she was wearing currently while holding onto another dress. After a long time, she gave up picking a dress, just lying on her bed defeated.

"Onee chan, why dont you just be yourself? Whenever you hang out with Crown Prince Yuzu, you always wear simple and he loved you for who you are so why bother dressing yourself into those fancy dresses that just hide your true self away?" Rina said while tilting her head to the side.

Oh right! Such wise words... That conversation really enlightened her. For the past hour, she has been fitting into dresses and clothings that does not represent her, instead she was dressing to impress. After all, in front of the person she loves, she does want to be able to show her true self. In the end, she decided to pick a dress she would normally wear whenever she and Crown Prince Yuzu meets.

---Time Skip---

Akira walked out of the entrance, only to see Yuzuru waiting for her outside. Strangely, today he looked different. He had the kind of face that would stop you in your tracks. The sudden pause in Akira's natural expression when she looked his way followed by overcompensating with a nonchalant gaze and a weak smile. Of course the blush that accompanied it was a dead give-away. However, Yuzuru didnt manage to notice and instead wave his hand into her direction, signalling his presence. Akira composed herself before walking towards him.

"Hey!" Akira greeted. Yuzuru gave a small nod and both of them walked to the festival.

"You look nice today." Yuzuru complimented, unable to hide the fact that Akira looks extremely beautiful today to him.

"You dont look too bad yourself." Akira returns the compliment

"Well, I try..." Yuzuru's humourous reply resulted in both of them chuckling together.

Soon, they were already enjoying the festivals. They have played a ton of games and surprisingly Yuzuru was especially good at it and even won a soft toy for Akira. How much better can this day get?