Chapter Twenty-Four

Back at the Inn,

Akira was brought to bed where she was snugged warmly under her blanklet. A doctor has just came by to take her pulse and she was resting in bed. Yuzuru stay by her bed as he rest his head on his hands.

"Is she ok?" Leon asked.

"She is badly injured however since she has high healing ability, it would be fine. I would prescribe a few recipes for the healing potions. I believe Yuzuru san is capable of making them." The doctor said before making a move.

"Thank you doctor!" Leon bowed and walked the doctor to the door.

Yuzuru who have been silently listening to the conversation gave a sigh of relief. Rin then came over and place a hand on his shoulder. "She is going to be fine. Although I do not really like her, I did grew up with her since young. She is a strong person."

Yuzuru did not reply, only taking Akira's hands in his, watching over her. He then took the wet towel and wipe the sweat off her face. Little did he know, all of his actions were captured by Rin. Her heart fluttered as she witness how Yuzuru tirelessly took care of Akira. You sure are lucky Akira...

Unable to take the scene before her, she left the room.

In the night,

Akira stirred in her sleep as she woke up. She blinks her eyes as though adjusting to her surroundings. She felt her hand taken by Yuzuru's larger hand and immediately gave a small smile. She sat up as she stares at Yuzuru's beautiful facial features. Unknowingly, she reach her hand out wanting to touch his face. Unfortunately upon the touch of her hand, Yuzuru woke up.

"Oh you are awake." Yuzuru uttered as he went to adjust the pillow such that Akira can sit upright. Akira gave a small nod.

"You have not eaten all day, you must be starving, let me ask the kitchen to prepare some congee", Yuzuru stood up, prepared to leave.

"It is fine, I am not hungry. I am just a little thirsty."

Yuzuru then pour some tea for Akira to drink.

"Thank you." Akira said.

"Where are the others?" Akira asked.

"Leon went to settle some stuff with the state regarding the witch while Rin is in her room." Yuzuru replied causing Akira to give a small nod in understanding.

"Look at how things reversed. I still remember the other time when you were the one in bed." Akira laughed at this ironic situation.

"Yeah..."

"You know, you saved me again..." Akira suddenly said, catching Yuzuru offguard. You are always there when I needed help...

"Well, I can't lose my girl...best friend, can I?" Yuzuru said as he looks away, flustered. What am I thinking? I almost said girlfriend...

Ouch, best friend huh? Akira smiled back before sipping on her tea.

"You must get well ok? Then we can defeat monsters together again!" Yuzuru patted Akira's head. This made Akira's heart fluttered however made her remember the scene where she almost died.

Not knowing what has gotten into her, she went forward and hugged Yuzuru. "A-Akira?"

"Just let me get a hug from my best friend." Akira muttered as she hugged him tighter.

Yuzuru did not say anything, only putting his arms around her, carressing her back. A warm feeling came up her heart as she listened to Yuzuru's steady heartbeat.
Not long after, Akira fell asleep in his arms. Yuzuru carefully placed her on the bed before sitting back down. He then swiped away the hair on her face, as he looked at Akira's fast asleep face.

Why is that my heart flutter at the sight of you? Why did my heart ache when you were hurt? How is it that the hug felt so familiar? Why did you appear in my dreams sometimes? Who are you to me? Countless questions appeared in his head. He could not answer them, leaving him confused. He then left her room, walking out to take some fresh air.

"Yuzuru?" a voice was heard from behind him. He saw Rin walked out of her room to his side.

"Still awake?" Yuzuru asked.

"I could not sleep, might as well take a walk." Rin replied.

"You seem to care alot for Akira." Rin commented.

"She is a dear friend to me."

"She was once a dear friend of mine as well. Perhaps our personality just clashed." Rin said.

"Un..." Yuzuru closed his eyes, feeling the fresh air touching his skin.

The two of them did not say anything after, only enjoying the breeze the night gifted.