Chapter Twenty-Seven

"We woke up earlier to wash up, and she went to fetch some water at the nearby river. However, it has been an hour and she is not back. So I went to the river to find her but she isnt there! The worst thing is she did not even bring her weapons!" Akira explained.

"That baka!" Leon cussed before rushing off to find her. Yuzuru and Akira follow suit.

---

"Rin!" Akira shouted as she looked around he forest.

"Rin!"

"The jade pendant is glowing so she must be close!" Yuzuru said.

Where is she? I should have went with her! If anything were to happen, I am not going to forgive myself. Akira thought.

"Rin?! Rin, are you ok?" Leon's voice could be heard from afar. Hearing his voice, the others immediately came to his side. Rin lay unconscious in Leon's arms as blood could be seen at the side of her mouth. Undoubtedly, she is heavily injured.

"What happened? Regardless, lets bring her back first." Akira said. Leon then carried her back to their camp.

Back at their camp, Akira sat Rin upright such that she can heal her while Yuzuru went to make some healing potions and medicine.

"I think this open space is too dangerous, we should find a safer place." Leon spoke up after remaining silent for some time.

"Rin is still heavily injured, I am afraid flying in the sky would be too much of a burden for her. I think we should just ride of our pegasus and travel on the ground." Akira advised as she held onto the unconscious being beside her.

With that, they packed their things, and rode on their pegasus. Akira and Rin shared one as Rin is still heavily injured and unfit to ride one.

---

"Cough, cough!" Rin suddenly went into a coughing fit, spitting out blood in the process.

"Guys, we need to hurry and find a place to settle down! I am afraid Rin can't hold on any longer!" Akira said as she looks at Rin, clearly concerned about her condition.

"I see a hut over there! Let's settle down there first!" Leon pointed at the hut in front.

"I will check it out first!", Leon got doen his pegasus before going into the hut to check things out.

After a while, he came out. "This seems to be an abandoned hut, there is nobody here." Leon then motioned for everyone to go in.

Akira helped Rin onto the bed. "I f-feel c-cold..." Rin whispered weakly.

"Judging from her circumstances, she probably seem to be poisoned. She needs treatment immediately. " Yuzuru said while placing a hand at Rin's forehead which glowed upon the touch of her forehead, signifying the flow of spiritual energy.

"We need a doctor." Akira announced before looking at Leon.

"Fine..." Leon sighed before going off on his pegasus again, hoping to reach town in time. "This better be worth it..."

In the mean time, Yuzuru gave Rin a healing potion to stabilise her condition first. Only then did Rin manage to stop coughing blood out.

---

"Doctor, this way", Leon ushered the doctor into the hut to Rin's bed.

The doctor took her pulse however remain a solemn look throughout. After which, he sighed and shook his head.

"Doctor, how is she?" Akira asked, unable to wait anymore.

"She has been poisoned. This type of Poison is called the Necron Spite and is very deadly. If she does not get the antidote in three days, she would lose all of her powers and remain handicap." The doctor replied.

Everyone gasped. Knowing Rin, she would definitely go into desperation if she were to lose all her powers.

"How can we find the cure?" Even Leon became worried at this state.

"You would need 3 drops of a royalty's blood, green thyme and a feather of the beast, Pheonixus. Grind them all into a powder form before boiling it with water for an hour. I can provide you with the green thyme. The feather can be obtained from the monster Pheonixus which happens to live in this forest. As for the royalty's blood, I am afraid I can't help you with that." The doctor uttered.

"Thank you doctor, we would find a way ourselves." Leon thanked before showing the doctor the way out.

"I will pass you the green thyme later in a parcel so do look out for it." The doctor said before taking his leave.

When Leon came back, Yuzuru and Akira were already in a discussion.

"I have defeated pheonixus before so I think with the three of us, it should not an issue." Akira said.

"Alright then we will set off later to get the feather. However, the royalty's blood...?" Yuzuru uttered.

"As of now, the royal family include the King, Queen, Princess Sakura and..." Leon listed before looking at Yuzuru. As though enlightened, Akira too looked at Yuzuru.

"Nevermind, we will think about it at a later point of time." Leon then looked away.

"But why is Rin poisoned?" Yuzuru questioned.

"I guess we would have to ask Rin when she recovered for the exact details." Akira sighed.

---

"Master, Rin has been poisoned." a man kneeled down as he salute to his master who was sitting on his throne.

"Good job. I will finish them off one at a time. After which, no one can get in the way of my plans. Mwa hahhahaha!" an evil laughter filled the silence.