Chapter Eighteen

After that day, Yuzuru's spiritual energy had a sudden rise from tier 4 to tier 8. It has almost doubled and no one could give an explanation as to why did he grow stronger overnight? With the exception of Akira of course. With a stronger self, Yuzuru could now wield magic without the use of a soulshard. However, since he did not want throw away Akira's first gift for him, he decided to transform it into a necklace for himself. He hangs it around his neck and it has since became his lucky charm.

Due to his high tier level, he is instantly considered as one of the more powerful aristocrats in Icexath, his name now beginning to spread across the town. Not that his good look is doing him any help. Eversince, many people has searched for him and even invite him to join guilds or organisations. However being the humble guy he was, he just wanted to live a simple life till the day he leave Icexath. Staying low key was what he wanted after all and while he constantly received better job prospects, he still decided to work at the pharmacy.

Not forgetting to mention that eversince Akira introduced the dimension to Yuzuru, he has been practicing his skating over there and trips has only been more frequent. Soon it became their secret meeting place. Akira and Yuzuru has since became close friends though everyone in the pharmacy could see that they have a thing for each other.

--Time Skip--

"Here's your bento!" Akira called out to Yuzuru as she place the bento and chopsticks onto the table, repeating her usual routine of sending lunch to the pharmacy.

"Thanks! Itadakimasu!", Yuzuru clap his hands together before digging into his meal.

"I know I have said it a billion times but you should totally consider cooking as a possible career path. I have been eating your bento for half a year and yet never seem to have had enough of it! However, considering your status in Icexath, a cook is probably not going to work." Yuzuru exclaimed as he was once again amazed by Akira's great culinary skills.

Akira gave a small chuckle before sitting down, eating her share of her bento as well. "Glad you like it!" Akira thanked Yuzuru. Well, technically I don't mind cooking for you for the rest of my life...

"Wait a minute, is that stir fried pork?" Yuzuru asked as he looked yearningly at the meat in Akira's bento box.

"Ok...Ok...I know you want it..." Akira sighed as she used her chopsticks to grab a few pieces of meat and feed it to Yuzuru. Yuzuru delightfully accepted it and smiled brightly at Akira.

"Stop being so lovey dovey guys! I am still single you know!" Hayabusa shouted from the cashier desk, causing both Yuzuru and Akira to immediately blush. Realising that they might have been too caught up into the moment, they looked down at their food and continued to eat in silence. Awkwardness could be felt in the air.

A few moments later,

"Hey Yuzuru, I heard from my father that the kingdom of Icexath is currrently finding a team of young warriors." Akira suddenly remembers her father's words and thought that it was the right moment to mention it.

"Oh, why?" Yuzuru asked, curious about the situation. Although he have been here for only half a year, he do know that gathering warriors usually mean big trouble.

"Well, it is a long story but long story cut short, in the past, Icexath was constantly attacked by an ice demon in which was finally subdued by the present king and my father. The ice demon fell into a deep slumber and is going to awake soon. Hence, Icexath is currently gathering a small team of young warriors to subdue it again." Akira explained patiently.

"So, actually now that you are tier 8, there arent many strong young warriors out there with such high tiers, hence my father is inviting you to join the team. Are you agreeable?" Akira asked, hoping that Yuzuru would not decline her invitation.

"Hmm...B-but I have not been fighting monsters, not even mentioning demons, with the exception of that minotaur." Yuzuru responded.

"Actually, not to lie to you but you were also highly recommended by Uncle Ito. And since you can make healing potions, we are able to survive better out there." Akira persuaded.

"Wait...we? You are in the team too?" Yuzuru questioned while in disbelief as well.

"Technically yes. Leon is in it too. I heard that another female warrior would be joining too. So are you up for it?" Akira replied while throwing a question back at him.

"Give me some time to think. After all, I do want to go back to Earth in one piece." Yuzuru said.

"Take your time." Akira agreed as both continues with their meal, despite the sudden solemn mood.

In the night,

Yuzuru lies on his comfy bed with both of his hands behind his head as a cushion. He remembered what Akira has just said over lunch. Subdueing a demon? Am I even capable of doing so? What if we failed? Can I still go back to Earth? But Akira is going too...What if something happen to her? I mean there is still Leon. But I am still worried... A hundred and one what ifa and questions popped up in his head, causing the angel and devil within his head to argue.

He is worried about not being able to return back to Earth however also want to help Icexath since he has long grown attached to this beautiful place. Most importantly, he is worried about Akira. I mean they are friends right? Friends should help one another. But the risk is just too high.  With that, he became indecisive on whether he should take up the offer.

After a seemingly long time, "Arghh, why is this so diffucult? I give up..." Yuzuru groans in frustration before turning to his side, getting ready to sleep.

For the next three days, Yuzuru was clearly distracted. He was not doing his job properly and is losing sleep. The worst thing is he still could not decide on whether he should join the team.

"Hey Yuzuru? What is wrong? I asked for bairnwood not winter root. Are you ok? You know, you can tell me anything, I am willing to give a listening ear." Hayabusa asked, very concerned about Yuzuru's mental and physical condition. He then took a stool and sat beside Yuzuru.

Yuzuru unable to take it anymore, explains the situation to Hayabusa.

After a long pause, Hayabusa finally spoke up, "Well, just do what you think is right. Follow your heart. Don't pressure youself, just be yourself..."

Yuzuru hearing his explanation, feel that Hayabusa does make sense and decided on a choice.

The next day,

"Akira? I am up for it!" Yuzuru lightly tapped her shoulder as she turns around, before Yuzuru told her about his decision.

Akira eyes widen as she breaks into a large smile. She then gave Yuzuru a big hug, unable to hide her joy of him joining the team.

"Really?" Akira asked. For once eversince Crown Prince Yuzu left, she was not alone on missions again. They can finally fight side by side on the front lines again.