Chapter Twenty

While walking back home,

"Hey, you don't seem to click off well with Suzuki san, mind if i ask why?" Yuzuru curiously asked.

"Hmm...actually we were once childhood friends and at that time we were really happy but I guess jealously got the better of her. Things happened and our friendship did not last. You can say we are kind of like rivals now..." Akira replied.

"Oh...That must have been pretty awful. From friends to enemy." Yuzuru said.

"Yeah..." Akira muttered dejectedly as she gets lost in her thoughts.

Akira memories:

"Akira are you free to play today?" the then 6 year old Rin shouted to her same aged friend, Akira.

"Sure!" Akira exclaimed as she runs out of the house to greet Rin. She then runs towards Rin giving her a bear hug.

"Hahaha! Let's go to the garden!" Rin happily jumped in joy as she took Akira's hand, before the both of them ran towards the nearby garden.

"Catch me if you can!" Rin shouted in joy before running off to hide herself, leaving Akira in confusion for a second.

Wirh that the both of them played hide and seek all around the garden and at that moment, it was as if they were no longer daughters of distinguished people, they were themselves just like any other kid out there. They were like the birds in the sky, for once they were free.

After an hour, they were both tired from all that running and lie down on the grass enjoying the gifts of mother nature. "Rin, lets make flower crowns, we can make one for one another." Akira suggested, grewing bored. Rin nodded and soon they were already gathering flowers.

Some time later,

"How do you always make better crowns than me?" Rin said, discouraged at her own art piece. She then threw her flower crown on the grass causing it to fall apart.

"Haha! Well, I can teach you!" Akira said as she taught Rin how to make a better flower crown. That immediately brought a smile to her face.

"You are the best!" Rin exclaimed, satisfied with her now revamped flower crown. She gave Akira a hug, causing the both of them to chuckle...

If only those times has lasted...

Back to the present,

"Akira?" Yuzuru asks as he waves his hand in front of Akira for the nth time.

"H-huh?" Akira blink her eyes as she regain consciousness.

"Sorry, I spaced out again!" Akira apologised as she clap her hands together, clearly showing her sincere apology.

"It is ok! I am used to it. I mean after so many months, I have learnt the art of talking to myself on streets." Yuzuru shrug it off as he sarcastically mocked Akira while putting his hands in his pocket, walking off coolly.

"Yeah...Wait...what's that suppose to mean?" Akira said as she took a minute to process what Yuzuru has just said.

"You!" Akira shouted as she started to chase after Yuzuru. However, Yuzuru has predicted her move and has long taken off. Yuzuru laughed as he continues to carry on with this catching game.

"If I catch you, I swear you will not live to see the daylight!" Akira yelled as she ran as fast as her legs could carry her while smiling at both of their childishness.

"That is if you can catch me! Hahaha..." Yuzuru shouted back as he turned back to give Akira a wink.

With that, laughter could be heard across the whole street as the both of them chased after one another. Those were the good times.

Within the next two weeks, Yuzuru busied hinself by making the necessary arrangements and preparation for the trip. He baded goodbye to Ito sensei, Hayabusa, Rina and other acquintances. His friends wish him luck and off he was in this mission.

Finally, the day to embark on their mission has arrived. The four man team gathered at the city gate.

"Everyone, please take this!" Akira said as she gave each of then a jade pendant. "This jade pendant will allow us to know if anyone has encountered any trouble just by a glow. Please do not lose it as it may be our only source of connection in times of trouble." Akira explained.

"Ok guys, ready?" Leon asked.

"Ready as I will ever be!" Akira and Yuzuru replied in excitement, causing Rin to roll her eyes.

"Our first stop, Wellfort!" Leon announced as they set off onto their journey.