Chapter Ten

I can't keep this up any longer. Yuzuru thought as he slowly felt his legs going wobbly, his running speed significantly slowing down.

"Yuzuru!" Akira shouted as she finally saw him escaping from the minotaur. Yuzuru looked at her direction and let out a sigh of relief, knowing that he is probably not going to die here. Both of them ran towards each other to meet up as Akira fires a spell towards the minotaur.

The minotaur clearly was taken aback from the sudden attack and fell onto one of its knees, stunned.

"Are you okay?" Akira asks, concerned about his situation. She quickly scan Yuzuru for any injuries.

"I am fine, just a few scratches here and there." Yuzuru assured her.

By this time, the minotaur has stand back at its feet, clearly angered by the attack and has even summoned his weapon out, ready for battle.

Sensing the approaching danger, both of them turns around, only to see the Minotaur swinging its weapon towards both of them. However, due to their quick reflexes, both jumped backwards just in time to avoid the attack.

Akira then summoned out her staff, ready to engage in battle. Yuzuru on the other hand, also prepares himself for battle.

The minotaur sensing that both of his preys are not backing away without a fight, scream out a loud growl, before swinging his axe towards Akira in which she managed to dodge. Upon doing so, she shooted out a spell in the form of ice arrows towards the monster. The monster uses his axe as a shield but was thrown back. Another ice blast came towards the monster direction from Yuzuru. Due to the lack of reaction time, the monster gets thrown back once again.
Smoke was released as the monster fell to the ground. With a finishing blow, Akira uses an attacking spell and a blast of magic hit the monster.

This should be able to finish it off. Akira thought.

However, to Yuzuru's and Akira's amaze, once the smoke clears, the minotaur stood up unharmed. What? Not even a scratch? How is that possible? The minotaur's health bar instead increased and it seem to have become stronger. Has it been absorbing our attacks? A realisation hit upon Akira that the minotaur before her could not have been any random monster. It was a tier 8 supreme monster. Eversince, Yuzuru has been learning magic, his spiritual energy has increased tremendously. Ah, Yuzuru's spiritual energy as a crown prince must have attracted it here. But I cant use my full powers, my trip to Earth has limited my powers and need at least another month to recover. Akira cursed under her breath.

Luckily, Ito sensei managed to find them in time and came to their rescue. "What are the two of you doing? Stop staring and get ready for battle!" Ito sensei shouted as he fires a spell towards the monster. From his years of experience, he has already figured out the weakness of the monster, which is its horns. Only by cutting off its horns, would then the monster be defeated.

"Attack its horns, it is its source of power!" Ito sensei shouted again while directing another blast of magic towards the monster's horns. However, the minotaur dodged it and instead spit fire from its mouth, causing all three of them to jump backwards.

With that, the three of them started their fight. Blasts of magic were seen, spells were chanted and weapons were used.

"Watch out!" Yuzuru shouted towards Akira when he saw the minotaur firing a spell towards Akira from behind. Akira turned around, only to be stunned as the spell slowly fire towards her. In a spur of a moment, Yuzuru felt a strong surge of energy from within him and immediately fire a blast of magic to the monster. A spiritual ice pheonix appeared and took the minotaur offguard, knocking it down. Ito sensei then took the chance to cut off its horns, defeating the monster. However, while doing so, Yuzuru used his body as a human shield and was hit by the spell directed towards Akira.

"Yuzuru!" Akira rushes to Yuzuru's side and drop down to her knees. She held him in her arms as beads of tears could be seen flowing down from her face. "Why did you save me?" Akira muttered. Yuzuru gave a weak smile, wanting to say something however drifted into unconciousness. Upon Yuzuru fainting, Akira panicked and Ito sensei quickly took his pulse.

"Dont worry, he is not dead, his injuries are not that serious to the extent of death but he is still considered badly injured." Ito sensei gave a sigh of relief, assuring Akira. Akira nodded as she continues to hold onto Yuzuru. After a while, both of them then brought Yuzuru back to the pharmacy for treatment.