Chapter Eight

After that training, Yuzuru decides to walk Akira back to the Tokuha Manor since it was already late into the night.

"Say Yuzuru, how is life back on Earth? I remember you saying something about skating?" Akira decides to start a topic. Since, on Earth, she only started to accompany Yuzuru during his junior skating years as a spirit in pooh san in the night, she was still missing out alot in his human life.

"Well, basically I figure skate and not trying to sound boastful, but I am doing pretty well in that field. I have a sister named Saya and she and my parents live in Sendai in a country called Japan. However, for the sake of my skating career, I moved to another country, Canada to train with a new coach, Brian Orser to improve my skating skills." Yuzuru answered.

"You must really like skating, huh?" Akira questions.

"Yeah. I still remember when I was young, I used to disliked skating trainings. Instead, I had an interest for baseball. I remember constantly finding myself distracted during trainings. However, I loved the competitions. The thrill and excitement of performing in front of a large crowd. That feeling is phenomenal. As a kid, I really liked it. Yet, I am glad that my parents were very understanding and allowed me to make my own choice when I told them that I liked baseball considering that skating is an expensive sport. They told me to just pursue what I want to do when I told them that I even considered baseball as a viable sports career. Haha!" Yuzuru gave a light chuckle before continuing.

"In the end, I perservered in skating and started to make a name of myself in that field. " Saying up till here, Yuzuru smiled however it can be seen in his eyes that he really missed his life back on Earth. Behind that smile on his face was the hint of sadness and longing conveyed through his eyes.

"You miss it, dont you?"

"What?"

"You miss your life on Earth right?"

Yuzuru then hung his head low, walking in silence, clearly reminiscing about the happy moments he spent on Earth.

"Yes, I do miss them." After a long and painful silence, Yuzuru finally spoke up. It was at this moment that even the silence sounds deafening.

"I cannot do much about it but i just wanted to let you know that I am here for you as a friend at least during your stay here." Akira stop walking, causing Yuzuru to stop as well, facing Akira. Akira reached out to hold his hand, as a sign of comfort and encouragement that she would be here for him even in those dark moments. That was the first time Yuzuru felt that maybe his stay here in Icexath would not be so bad after all. He is not alone in this battle. As the warmth of Akira's hand warms up Yuzuru's icy cold hand, he cant help but feel a warm feeling creeping up his heart. Both of them smiled as they look into each other's eyes.

"So are we officially friends?" Akira held out her fist.

"Friends." Yuzuru then fist bump Akira as both continue their walk back to the Tokuha residences.

Laughter and smiles filled up the empty streets as their happiness light up the capital.

Ever since that day, it almost became a routine. Yuzuru would work in the day and Akira would come in during lunch and dinner breaks to bring in bento boxes for Uncle Ito and Yuzuru. Not that she ever minded the hassle. In fact she is more than happy to go through the hassle. In casual ocassions, Leon would just come by to take in look. In the evening, Akira would then teach Yuzuru magic spells. And in no time, both of them became very close friends and Yuzuru's potion making skills has definitely improved by a big lot. Needless to say, Yuzuru has now managed to reached tier 4 of mastery in his magic skills which is a fast improvement. I mean he is the crown prince, after all even if he doesnt remember it.

Life never felt more relaxed for Yuzuru.