Chapter Twenty-Five

That night, Akira dreamt about the times Crown Prince Yuzu and her spent together.

In Akira's dream,

"Hey, the masquerade ball is coming soon! Are you going?" Akira asked.

"Well, I don't have a choice." Yuzuru sighed.

"Come on, it is not that bad. I mean I always dream of going one." Akira's eyes sparkled at the thought of fulfilling her childhood dream of going to a masquerade ball.

This was the first time the kingdom decided to hold a masquerade ball as it was the youngest princess birthday and she really loved such balls.

"I really gotta thank Sakura for that." Akira said.

"Girls and their fairytales..." Yuzuru shook his head as he place his hand at his forehead in disapproval.

"You will not understand...At masquerade balls, the prince is suppose to ask the princess for a dance and they will fall in love... I read on the books that on Earth, there was a popular love story called Romeo and Juliet..." Akira explained as she renacts the scene, dancing around in the garden.

Yuzuru looks at her amusingly, drinking his tea.

"Don't you think it is just so romantic?" Akira stopped before running towards him, placing her head in her hands as she lean on the table.

Yuzuru startled by her sudden move, move back instinctively. "Not really?" he replied hesitantly.

"As expected, you are just one cold iceberg! I cant be bothered with you anymore! I neee to prepare myself for tomorrow. I will take my leave now." She gave a wave as she walk back to her manor, leaving Yuzuru in a daze.

At the ball,

Akira handed her invitation to the guard before proceeding into the ball with her dad. The interior design of the ball immediately left her awestruck. Designed in a royal blue and gold colour theme coupled with elegant candelabras in golds and browns, an air of mystery and secrecy was felt. Glass vases were filled with feathers and beads with glitter and sequins sprinkled on tables and countertops. In addition, masks are hung on walls and centerpieces are created with them.

Many guests have already arrived and are engaging in social conversations.

"Akira, you go and have some fun. Father willnhave to settle some matters." Akira's dad said. Akira gave a respectful bow and with that she was left to roam the ball alone.

As she walked, stares of envy fell on her. Even with her mask on, she looked absolutely stunning. She wore a strapless princess cut, simple white gold satin gown, showing off her grace and petite figure. White represents purity while gold represents elegance. Her mask was a luxury rose gold venetian masquerade mask. It complements her dress, finishing her outlook.

As though noticing their stares, Akira held her head down shyly before making her way towards her friends after seeing someone giving her a wave.

"Oh my! Looks like you got competition for best dress today, Rin!" Misaki commented as she twirl Akira around, admiring her.

Rin gave a look before turning back to her drink.

"I almost did not recognise you with all these masks." Akira said causing Misaki to chuckle.

"Where is Yuzu?" Akira asked as she looked around the ball.

"I have no idea. I have not seen him." Misaki replied.

"Well, lets enjoy ourselves. The ball is almost starting." Misaki dragged Akira towards the dance floor.

"Ehem!" the King at the podium gave a cough, causing everyone to fall silent in a second.

"Thank you for coming to this ball! Today is my daughter, Princess Sakura birthday and I appreciate everyone's well wishes for her. With no further ado, may the ball begin!" the King announced.

"Long live the king! Long live the princess!" the crowd said in unison. After which, everyone went forward to wish the Princess a happy birthday.

---

"Happy Birthday, Princess Sakura!" Misaki, Rin and Akira said. They then took out their presents for her.

"I know you like accessories so I got you this sakura styled kanzashi hairpin !" Akira said.

On the other hand, Misaki gave her a jade pendant and Rin gave her a beautiful bangle.

"Thank you! You guys are the best!" Sakura hugged the three of them, causing them to laugh together.

They then settled down as the celebration started. Performances were performed as everyone had fun.

Unknowingly, two hours had passed and it was time for the grand ball dance to begin.

"May the ball dance begin!" the announcer announced.

The King and Queen started dancing as a form of formality. After them was Princess Sakura in which she asked Leon to be her partner. After a while, everyone started to find their partner and dance to the music.

Many asked for Akira causing her to be overwhelmed by her sudden popularity. Just as she was trying to escape from the crowd in front of her, a man suddenly came forward.

"May I have the honour of this dance?" He bowed before holding his hand out. He wore a black venetian mask and it can be seen that he was dressed well with black as his colour theme.

Akira immediately felt a sense of familiarity and she soon found herself placing her hand in his, agreeing to his request.

The other pursuers sighed in regret as they walked off.

The man placed a hand at her waist with another holding her hand. Akira then placed her hand on his chest. This immediately closed up the proximity between them. They then swayed as they dance to the music. At the corner of Akira's eye, she could see Misaki giving her a smirk while raising her eyebrows as though hinting something.

Just at that moment, someone bumped onto her, causing her to fall forward. Luckily, the man caught her, leading to Akira falling onto the man. Knowing that she looked like she was hugging the man, she stepped backwards while turning to the side, blushing madly.

"Sorry..." Akira muttered causing the man to chuckle.

The man then leaned forward, causing Akira to be more flustered. "So does this satisfy your fairytale, my Juliet?" the man whispered into her ear. When Akira heard it, her face became red like a tomato as she pushed the man away lightly.

"Ding Dong!" the clock chymed, signifying that it was midnight. It was time to take off the masks.

Akira and the man took off their masks and expectedly, the man turned out to be Yuzuru.

Back to the present,

Akira woke up as she remembered the dream. She smiled and at this moment she suddenly heard a voice.

"I hope this can protect you from now on..."

Akira's necklace shined causing her to hold it up. It was the necklace that Yuzu gave her during the first time when Akira brought Yuzuru to the ice skating dimension.

"Yuzu?" she raised her voice as though realising something however only the silence greeted her.

---

After that day, Akira has recovered under the care of her team and Yuzuru's potions. The team then sets off to their mission.