Chapter Sixteen

As the music filled his ears, Yuzuru stopped to look at Akira. It was his first time hearing such a beautiful piece of music however he just can't put his finger onto why does it sound so familiar to him. In the end, he just gave a small smile and skated to the music. The soft yet clear sound coming out from the woodwind instrument matches the fluid movement seen from Yuzuru's blades. The perfect coordination between Akira's music and Yuzuru's skating shows off their high mastery in their individual fields. There was no awkward movement nor were there any sense of hesitation. It was as if both has practiced this song again and again before.

Just when the music reaches its peak, Yuzuru hydroblades across the ice. That scene was simple breathtaking. If it was back on Earth, he would have electrified the crowd with a scintillating show of skill and grace in his skating.

After almost 3 hours of skating, Yuzuru's face was flushed red as droplets of sweat dripped down from his hair. Akira decided that it is time to take a break and calls Yuzuru over for a rest.

Instinctively, she tooked out a towel, and helped to wipe off the sweat on Yuzuru's face. Yuzuru startled by her sudden boldness, remain stiff as a rock as he looked away from her eyes. A faint red blush could be seen and this is when Akira realises what she was doing. Oh no, I am too careless! I thought he was Crown Prince Yuzu. Akira mentally blamed herself before pulling back her hand abruptly. Things got awkward quickly.

"Err...Just now, while I was skating, I heard you playing a flute. Where did you learn it from?" Yuzuru clears his throat and decided to break the ice by asking a question.

"I learned it from my mother as a child. When I first heard my mother played the flute, I fell in love with it and pestered my mom to teach me how to play the flute everyday. Well, would you like to hear my favourite music piece?" Akira explained.

Yuzuru gave a small nod and Akira took out her flute again only to play out another melodius song. The smooth movements of her slender fingers gliding across the instrument shows off her many years of practice.

Just when Yuzuru was appreciating the music, an excruciating pain was felt in his head. He had a splitting headache and he immediately placed his hands on his head in an attempt to stop the pain.

"Arggh! My h-head!" Yuzuru shouted as he got down onto his knees, as if begging for mercy to make the pain stop. Upon the sight before her, Akira stopped playing the flute and immediately went to his side. However, she was at a loss. She looked at Yuzuru worriedly yet could not do anything about it. I should not have played that song...This song held too much memories and meaning to the both of us. I should not have hoped that he would remember us...Oh no! What am I going to do? Akira grew scared upon thinking about the dire consequencess that could happen to Yuzuru right now however did not know what she could help with.

Just when she was thinking of a way to help Yuzuru, small sparks of magic began surrounding Yuzuru and soon became concentrated. Magic slowly entered into Yuzuru's soulshard and his spiritual energy had a sudden rise from tier 4 to tier 10. Yuzuru no longer felt the pain instead slowly stand up while grabbing his head. He opened his eyes, and a beautiful pair of golden coloured eyes could be seen. He carefully looked around his surroundings before landing his eyes on Akira. His look immediately soften and before Akira know it, he was already hugging her tightly. The subtle sandalwood scent from Yuzuru's body filled her nose and Akira's heart skipped a beat. She was too stunned to even make a move. This should not be happening...

"Yuzuru? What's wrong?" Akira asked concernly, still in his arms.

"Aki, It is me, your Yuzu..." Yuzuru gave a soft answer before hugging her closer towards him, not ever wanting to let her go again.

Akira's eyes widen as she came into a realisation. She pulled away from the hug and looked into Yuzuru's eyes. That pair of golden eyes that stared lovingly into her eyes. That nickname he once oftenly said. That majestic aura he once used to give off. All these seem too familiar. It was him. There was no doubt of it. Her Yuzu has came back.

Tears welled up in Akira's eyes as she looked down, letting her hair screen her face. Droplets of tears fell onto the ground, only making Yuzuru's heart ache even more with every thud a droplet makes. Akira raises her hand, before clenching it into a fist. She hit it lightly onto Yuzuru's chest. "Baka Yuzu! How could you just disappear like that and appear as you like. You...you...I was so worried. I searched for you for so long before finding you on Earth! Baka!" Akira cried harder, letting out all of her bottled up emotions. Her punches grew weaker as tears flow down her cheeks.

"Gomen-ne. All these years, you have suffered..." Yuzuru comforted as he hugged her once again, gently stroking her hair. His gentle touch as he lets her vent her frustrations was all she needed at that moment. He have no idea how much Akira has longed for this moment. She places her hands around his waist and returned his hug. She dont ever want to let go... She has missed this way too much to let go.