Chapter Twenty-Two

"My fam-family, they are over th-there!" the women stuttered weakly, as she struggles to raise her hand to point at the direction before them. With that, the women fainted in the arms of Akira.

"Miss!" Akira shouted out.

"You take her back to the inn while we check on her family." Rin said. Akira nodded and the other three immediately run towards the direction the women pointed. Akira then helped the women up as she put her hand over her shoulder for better support. She headed back to the inn.

When they rushed to the scene, they saw a middle aged man fighting a losing battle against a few goblins with a child lying on the ground unconscious. "Come on!" Yuzuru said as he fire a spell towards a goblin, causing it to get knocked down. Leon then kicked away another goblin preventing it from eating up the child. With that, Rin ran towards the child, trying to protect him from the goblins.

After a while, the goblins got chased away and the fight has ended. The middle-aged man, assumingly is the husband of the women they met earlier, thanked them, "Thank you for your help! If it wasnt for you, we would have been taken as the goblin's dinner. "

"No worries!" Yuzuru said.

The man then went into a coughing fit before falling onto his knees, only to catched on the hand by Leon.

"You alright? Sir?" Leon asked, only getting a wave of the hand as a reply.

"Let's get you to somewhere safer..." Rin said, still holding onto the boy.

Back at the Inn,

Akira has settled the women down on her bed just in time for the others to arrive. The child was immediately brought in and fed a healing potion made by Yuzuru.

"Pardon me but may I ask why are you guys running to Wellfort? Did something happen?" Rin questioned.

The man took a sip of his tea before answering, "Well, our village nearby has been constantly attacked by goblins. It was still manageable for the last few years however this year has been particularly bad. Many of our warriors has sacrificed. On top of that, our house was destroyed so we decided to come here to seek refuge and hopefully find help for our village."

"I see..." Akira mumbled.

"Based on your outfit, you guys must be from Glouchester right? You all do seem to be powerful aristocrats, do you mind helping our village?" the man pleaded.

"S-Sur...Hey!" Yuzuru was about to agree with the request when Leon cut him off by pulling the rest of the group aside.

"We are on a mission! You cant just agree to any request! Plus something smells fishy about this situation...I mean it is too much of a coincidence!" Leon whispered, disapproving of Yuzuru"s action.

"Ditto..." Rin supported.

"But what if what he said is true? We can't just leave them..." Yuzuru rebutted.

Soon, a mini arguement was started.

"Erm, If you guys are unwilling, we will not force you...We can find someone else..." the man suddenly spoke up.

That immediately guilt tripped the bunch as they quieten down. At the moment, even the silence was deafening.

"Fine, we will help!" Leon uttered, sounding rather reserved.

"Thank you!" the man thanked as he brighten up, that sentence immediately put a smile on his face.

For the next few days, the team took great care of the family and even grew close with them. Under Yuzuru and Akira's care, both the woman and her child managed to heal completely.

At the blacksmith workshop,

"Master Kazaki! We are here to collect our weapons!" Akira called out.

"Coming! Here are your weapons!" Master Kazaki rush to the desk while passing their weapons to each of them.

"Thanks!" Rin, Leon and Akira said.

"As for you child, I have created a customised sword for you! This sword is named the Gladiator Obsidian Scimitar. This sword may seem majestic however has a humble calmness within it. This perfectly complements your magic and personality." Master Kazaki proudly introduced his masterpiece to Yuzuru.

"Wow, thank you so much!" Yuzuru thanked him as he looked in awe at his sword. The sword's exterior appearance is too exquisitely designed and seem tailored made for him.

Not only him, the rest of team also seem satisfied with their newly refined equipment.

"Alright, now we are good to go!" Akira pumped her fist in the air, causing the team to chuckle.