Chapter 19

"Are you not wearing formal clothes when you go to work?" tanong ko kay Kev.

He's wearing a casual attire with a coat that doesn't reach his wrist, like a ¾ sleeve?

It's not that it's not appropriate, I was just curious why. Nevertheless, he looks hot in his outfit and I like it. The man I know who can wear a garbage bag at work and still look ridiculously hot, my boyfriend.

"Nope. Mas komportable ako nang ganito." Simpleng sagot niya lang.

Lumapit naman ako sa kanya sa walk-in closet niya at inayos yung blazer niya.

"You're the son of the company's owner, Kev." I smiled.

"Technically, yes but in his company? No, I'm not."

Napakunot naman yung noo ko sa sagot niya.

"What do you mean?"

"Walang nakakaalam na anak niya ako. Isa 'yun sa mga kondisyon ko nung pumayag akong magtrabaho sa kanya." He explains to me.

"Why?"

"Dahil ayoko. Reena, pwede bang wag na nating pagusapan pa 'to?" he annoyingly said.

Gusto ko pa sanang magsalita but I just let it go. I won't ruin the mood.

"Okay. I'll wait for you in the kitchen." I smiled and kiss the corner of his mouth which made him smile.

God, how I love to see that smile every morning?

With that, umalis na ako at inayos yung mga hinanda ko kanina for breakfast.

I just made an omelette for the two of us and sliced a Spanish bread. I made him two cups of coffee.

After a few minutes, lumabas na siya ng kwarto and went to the kitchen.

"Smells nice." He comments as he sat down.

"Should be. Here." I smiled and gave him his omelette and sat down beside him.

He took a bite and nodded his head in agreement that my cooking is good.

"It's nice to eat breakfast at home." Sabi niya sa akin.

"Why? Where do you eat breakfast?" tanong ko at nagiba yung expression ng mukha niya.

Did I say something wrong? Parang wala naman?

And again, realization hits me.

Andy's cooking for him.

Ayokong pansinin na lang at iniba yung usapan. I don't want to talk about her and my insecurities.

"Will you drop me on my condo before you go to work? I have to check my mails." I smiled at him.

"Sure," sagot niya naman. Maybe he's thankful that I changed the topic.

We just ate breakfast, talked and I laughed when he told me about his "stupid" secretary. Sabi niya, pinapadala niya daw yung laptop niya sa secretary niya sa board room dahil nakalimutan niya sa office niya but what she brought was the whole desktop computer at pinabuhat niya pa sa ibang empleyado. There's a whole lot difference between a laptop and a desktop. Paano yun nakagraduate at nakapasa? What he did was, he fired that secretary and hired a new one. I can't blame him for that.

"Tatawagan na lang kita pagkatapos kong magtrabaho. Ayos lang ba sa'yo yun?" he asks me bago ako bumaba ng kotse niya.

"Oo naman, bakit naman hindi? I have all the time in the world." I smiled at him.

"Good thing you're not working yet."

"Maybe I will. Soon." I tell him, "You have works to do. You should probably go. Ayokong ma-late ka ng dahil sakin." I dismiss him.