Chapter 45

New York

3 years later

"Chris, you have an interview on one of the late shows at 9 am. Your photoshoot for your new campaign will be at noon. You don't have time to eat so you might as well have lunch there. And you're invited on the launching of the new clothing line of your co-model this afternoon." Said Jean, my secretary. I had to hire her dahil walang mag ha handle ng appointments ko.

Life here in New York is busy. Kung hindi ako nag tr trabaho, gumigimik lang din ako. Yan na ang description ng buhay ko ngayon. I first started in workshops as a trainee and gradually debuted in one of the fashion shows sponsored by my agency. Hindi naging madali dahil maraming "mas" lagi sayo, mas magaganda, mas magagaling, mas charismatic and everything. So I needed to struggle to make my way to the top. And now here I am, I started working full time at IMD Models. Lumipat ako ng agency after I did a couple of fashion shows at Wilmana. I needed to step up so ngayon busy-busyhan na ang lola mo.

"Okay, thanks." I smiled at her. I'm at the balcony of my apartment having a cup of coffee. She smiled back saka siya pumasok sa loob. I'm sure magaayos na naman yan. Malinis naman apartment ko eh sadyang iba lang talaga ang definition ng malinis sa kanya. Sinita ko nga siya minsan eh.

"Jean, that's fine. It's not part of your job description." I said when I saw her fixing my closet. Yes, I allow her to come inside my room.

"No it's fine. I like cleaning. And besides I just fix your schedules, wala namang mabigat sa trabahong to." She smiles.

So I let her. Pabor din sa akin eh.

After I finished my coffee, naligo na ako at nagbihis. I wore a white sleeveless top with a plunging neckline paired with my black pencil skirt to shape my bod. And my black pumps. I put on a natural look for my make up, I put my hair up to shape my face. I'm my own stylist and hair and make up artist, lol.

After that I drove to the studio with Jean since we will just have to tape a 10-minute interview for the late show.

The set was already fixed when we arrived kaya hindi na rin natagalan. A popular late show host, Ryan McGee will be interviewing me for today. Although, I don't have any idea kung anong mga itatanong niya, I'm sure I can answer all his queries properly. It's not my first time to have an interview so this is not new to me anymore.

The set is cozy. We were seated adjacently with a round table separating us and a cup of coffee in front of us.

"We will now begin, in 3..2.. set." one of the producers said.

As talk shows, they would always begin with an introduction about certain things before my name was announced.

"We are here to interview one of the top models in the industry, Chris Fontanilla." Ryan introduced me.

I gladly smiled and said my greetings as a formality.

"You really look good, Chris. You were with Wilmana for two years and a year with IMD, tell me, what made you enter the modeling industry?"

"It was just coincidental, really. A job was offered and I took it. The journey was not as easy. It required a lot of hard work and it did not always pay off but I worked my ass off to get to where I am now. I am very lucky to have been surrounded by my family and friends who are always there for me." I smiled.

"It's good to know that things have worked out well with you. I will now divert the issue since people out there are just curious of one thing. I heard your mind was not fixed on modeling, not until 3 years ago but you suddenly changed your mind. Some of the rumors say that it was because you wanted to get away with your ex that you pursued modeling?" he spontaneously asked me and I looked at Jean. This is the first time that an interviewer asked me about my personal life but I am good at acting so I opted to answer the question with no hesitation.