Chapter 53

REENA

Three days passed since my accident, pero hindi ko pa nakakausap si Kev. No texts, no calls, no updates. But hey, why am I even waiting? Maybe he just said all those things just to spite me and get a reaction from me, para lang paasahin ako kaya bumabawi siya? If that was the case, he succeded.

Pero wala akong oras para isipin yun, I wanna get busy so I can't think of anything else other than work. Despite Andy's reminder that I should rest for two weeks, I called Jean today to update me on my schedule and engagements since it has already been pushed back for a few days.

I'm sitting on the couch with a coffee in hand while Jean is standing in front of the coffee table updating me.

"You backlogs are pushed next week because I can't align those and resched your shoots this week but are you sure you don't need to rest for at least two more weeks? That's what Andy told me." she asked me.

I shook my head, "I'm bored out of my ass here. I have to work or else it's going to drive me insane." of course boredom is just an excuse but going insane isn't. I might as well go crazy over his words. Damn his effect on me.

Mabuti na lang wala naman akong galos  sa mukha, may bukol nga lang ako sa likod ng ulo but that would go unnoticed.

"Okay, well..." she continued to read my sched for this month to me; all the advertisements, magazines and interviews.

She knows better than to convince me to rest because I won't have it. Though my ribs still hurt, painkillers are the key. At hindi ko naman siguro ikamamatay to, I'm not that weak -- kay Kevin lang naman ako mahina. Yes, I have the time to be sarcastic to myself.

--

I'm on my way out for a shoot the next day, wearing a black ribbed dress with a back slit and sneakers. I also wore sunglasses just in case, I don't want the media to roll on me again. Thankfully, my accident wasn't reported and the people at that hospital were discreet even after that bickering with Kevin.

Patungo na ako ng pinto nung tumunog yung lock which means somebody who knows my passcode is here to see me.

And to my surprise, here he is -- wearing his white dress polo shirt folded to his elbows and dark slacks. He must have seen the shocked look on my face.

"Nakakita ka ba ng multo?" salubong niya sa'kin.

Sana nga multo na lang.

"Yep, a ghost from the past. Anong ginagawa mo dito?" wag na tayong magpaliguy-ligoy pa dahil baka mamaya mauto na naman ako neto.

"Where are you going?" tanong niya sabay taas-baba ng tingin sa'kin.

"Work." sabi ko lang at lalabas na sana nung bigla niyang isara at harangan yung pinto.

"You should be in bed." tinungo ng ulo niya yung kwarto ko.

"And you shouldn't be here." I shrugged.

"I thought I made myself clear before? Ganon ba kalakas yung tama sa ulo mo kaya hindi mo ko naintindihan?"

How dare he be rude now?

"Oh, you mean that part where you said I'm not getting out of your life? I got that, but if your goal is my misery, you've succeeded and I've had enough. Kung kulang pa maybe I can pay it in the next life. Now, can you move? I have people waiting for me." tinaasan ko siya ng kilay. Yes, I'm taunting him but he also can't play with my feelings like this. How can he say all those things and not talk to me for days?

If he expected me to believe his words that day and make me fall for those charming, attractive eyes, tall-figure, straight out of the magazine body and face of his; he's got another thing coming.