Chapter 47

The thing is, I always knew this moment was gonna happen. It was bound to.

"You've known me for years, we were together for how long, and you still really don't know me, do you?" his voice was laced with accusation.

Hindi ko alam kung anong gusto niyang sabihin.

"No. We're one and the same. I don't really know you and you don't know me. It goes both ways, Kev." I tell him because it was the truth. Hindi talaga namin kilala ang isa't isa.

How could we possibly know each other when all we ever did was fight? We fought each other so much but we never fought together. Hindi kami lumaban nang magkasama because we were just too fucked up to be together.

He scoffed and said, "Oo nga naman. Paano natin makikilala ang isa't isa when all you ever did was walk away every fucking time I chase my way towards you?" ngumisi siya na parang nangaasar.

I can feel the tension. All of their attention were on us at wala akong masabi because he was right.

"Come on, say something." he said as he waved his hand for me go on.

He's really provoking me.

I was about to say something pero wala talaga, walang lumalabas. Ang dami kong gustong sabihin pero hindi ko alam kung ano at kung paano.

"Ano? Wala kang masabi?" ngumisi na naman siya being the sarcastic ass that he is, "Nasan na yung sinasabi mong umalis ka para sa'kin?"

Wala akong masabi at nakatingin lang ako sa kanya nang deretsahan, mata sa mata.

I sighed, "What do you want me to say?" I finally open my mouth.

"Kahit ano, kasi tangina naman Reena oh lahat kami dito nagaantay ng dahilan mo." he said waving his arms towards the people around us at nung tingnan ko sila, their eyes were clearly asking me except for Andy and Mike.

"Dahilan ng alin?" I asked in denial.

He scoffed, "Ano? Patay malisya na lang?" he looked straight into my eyes and I know he was not backing out of this.

"I don't have anything else to say." I said with finality in my voice, "you know what? This is a bad idea." I got up from my seat at humarap kay Andy, "I'm sorry, I can't do this." mahinang sabi ko kay Andy, hindi ko na inantay yung sagot niya tsaka tumalikod paalis but I wasn't going away with this, was I?

"That's where you're good at! Walking away when things get tough!" madiin na sabi ni Kevin bago pa man ako makaalis and that stopped me from my tracks.

"Kevin, stop it." saway ni Andy.

I didn't know what drove me but I took a deep breath and faced him, "You know what Kev? Me leaving you was really the best thing that's ever happened to you. You should even thank me for it. If it wasn't for me? You weren't gonna get your position now, you weren't gonna get engaged with your fiancee now and you certainly are not gonna be happy." I say directly to his face and I saw him clench his fists.

He was quick to respond. Well, expect nothing less from a Kevin Lim or should I say Villarama now?

"And you know what Reena? You keep telling me it was the best thing that's ever happened to me but no. It was the best thing that's ever happened to you." pagdidiin niya at tinuro ako. Kumunot ang noo ko at alam kong hindi pa siya tapos sa sasabihin niya.

"Look at where you are now," he gestured towards me, "successful? Yes, but not happy."

"And you are?" I scoffed, "if being happy is you, I'm doing just fine, thank you." I sarcastically remark.