Chapter 44

Reena's POV

I only said my goodbye to my family. Hindi na ako nag-paalam kanila Carlo and the others for no reason. I don't know why. I just didn't have the guts to.

I only packed necessary things and asked my mom to just send my remaining stuffs when she finds the time.

Tinawagan ko kaagad si Andy when my plane landed and asked her to pick me up, she had business to attend here in New York for a few days before she goes back to Australia. She has no idea why. Nagulat na lang siya that I called her para lang sunduin ako sa airport when it's already in the middle of the night.

Kev has called me nonstop the night before I left and I kept it that way. Pati nga si Carlo hinahanap ako but what will I tell them? Kev will never have let me leave or maybe he will but it just doesn't matter now, does it?

Andy fetch me together with Mike. I explained things to her. She didn't say anything and just listened because it's not the time to be judgmental.

Days passed, weeks, months... and my emails were full of Kevin's. I left it unread and of course I didn't reply. Hanggang sa natigil na lang siya. Sino ba naman ang hindi mapapagod kung ganon din lang na hindi ako sumasagot di ba?

Until one day, I was on my way to my agency for a workshop. It was spring then. Wearing a coat and boots, I was walking with a cup of coffee in hand... I was astounded when he appeared right in front of me. Natigil ako sa paglalakad. It's New York, it's full of people passing us by.

He looks astonishing as ever with a black coat, a cashmere scarf, dark pants and gucci boots. I will always love the way he dresses up, never failed to amaze me. The way he was standing there, I just wanted to run to him and kiss him and hug him. Because fuck, I missed him so much.

We were like that for a few minutes. Nakatayo lang, nagkatitigan until he opened his mouth to say a word. Yes, a word.

"Why?" his voice is just as firm.

I missed his voice.

And in that one word, I know what he meant. Why did I leave him without even saying goodbye? Why am I ignoring him? Why am I such a bitch? Ang daming bakit pero tangina walang lumabas sa bibig ko. I wanted so much to explain. But what am I even gonna say? I can't stay in Manila. As he can't as hell stay in New York when he's got everything at home. His dad's got hopes and dreams for him. I can't be in the middle of that. And he said it himself, long distance shit isn't gonna work for him.

So I did what I'm good at, again. I walked away and just passed him by. I've done this to him one too many times.

Pero bago pa ako makalagpas sa kanya, hinawakan niya ako sa braso which made me turn to him. Tangina, namiss ko yung ganito kami kalapit. But I stay firm on what I told him.

"I don't have anything else to say to you, Kev. Go home." my voice is not laced with anything. It was emotionless.

"I won't leave. Not until you talk and tell me exactly why." tinignan niya ako mata sa mata. Don't and stop looking at me like that, Kev.

Napayuko ako, "What do you want me to say?" humihina na yung boses ko.

Don't break out here, you bitch. I tell myself as a mantra.

"Tell me why!" his voice is full of frustration.

He won't budge. I know it because I can see it in his eyes. He was on full determination to know my reason. He won't leave. He really won't. Fine, let's do it my way.

"Ayoko na." yan lang ang lumabas sa bibig ko.

"Anong ayaw mo na?" baritono lang ang tono ng boses niya.