Chapter 51

REENA

After that night, articles came out like a flash...

CHRIS FONTANILLA, AT THE MOBA AWARDING; WHY?

... WAS SHOCKED TO BE SEEN PUBLICLY

... WHY WAS SHE PRESENT?

... WHY DID SHE LEAVE ABRUPTLY?

I didn't have the energy nor the courage to face anyone. Jean has been bombarded by phone calls ever since. I reckon it would be easier to just ignore it and wait for for the issue to die down. So I did just that. I agreed to meet Andy at the golf club that we used to go to dahil members lang ang nakakapasok doon so I won't have to worry about news spreading my whereabouts. I settled in wearing black jeans and a white shirt with my leather jacket since the weather is gloomy today and it hasn't stopped raining. I also wore sunglasses and a baseball cap hoping to avoid any attention today.

The place hasn't changed. It still had the ambience the last time I was here three years ago... when I was still with him. As I was approaching the restaurant, I saw Andy on the far side of the resto. She already knows the right seat so as to avoid people's eyes and ears.

I smiled as I approach her and when she saw me, the worry on her face was immediately concealed by a smile and comfort. She's trying to hide her worries about the headlines about me but I know her well enough.

"Hi!" I excitedly greeted and hugged her.

Gusto ko lang makinig sa mga kwento niya for their honeymoon and to smile through it because I'm really happy for her and Mike. Ayoko siyang mag-alala for me but her face tells me otherwise.

Worry is written all over her face.

"Stop looking at me like that. It's not the end of the world, Andrea." biro ko sa kanya.

"You still have the time to be sarcastic with me?" she answered back.

"What do you expect? Gusto mo ba mag-mukmok ako all because I'm being condemned for being stupid?" I sheepishly smiled at her.

"No, but I at least expect you to stop pretending like everything is okay for you." she answered raising her brows at me.

I've mastered the art of fooling everyone that I am okay because even if I'm not, it's not like it's gonna change anything.

"I am okay." I emphasized, "I'm not happy, but at least I'm okay." I pressed my lips because I don't want to get emotional about this.

"You really wanna do things this way? Are you gonna act like a shadow behind him forever? Is this you giving up?" she asked me.

If she's talking about me going to that awarding when I shouldn't have...

No, because maybe even that, I can't do anymore. It doesn't matter if I'd still be on the background of his life dahil kay Sabrina na mismo nanggaling, I've long given him up.

"I just don't wanna do anything anymore, it's getting annoying. Ako mismo naiinis na sa sarili ko kasi kahit na gusto kong ibalik lahat... lahat lahat ng nawala ko.." I sighed, "I'm afraid that I'm at the end of the line." I sadly smiled.

"Reena-" she said but I cut her off.

"I'm in no position to do anything, Andy. All I could do is apologize but even that hindi niya tinatanggap. Of course I want him back, but does he want me back? I don't wanna ruin his life anymore because I can see that Sabrina doesn't deserve to be side-stepped." I shook my head and continued, "She loves Kevin, she was there when I wasn't.." I explained. It hurts like hell every time but tears aren't an option anymore.