Chapter 52

KEVIN

As per regulations, I should not be allowed to enter the track but I was never the one to play by the rules. Security was restraining me while the medic was attending to Reena and safety cars were deployed on track. Andy and Carlo were behind me.

"I fucking know her! Paraanin niyo ko!" Tulak ko sa kanila, I dont really care if a hundred of them come and try to stop me, they're welcome to try.

"Sir, pasensya na po. Hindi po kayo pwedeng pumasok. Hayaan po muna nating mag-rescue." pakiusap niya pero kailan ba ko nakinig? I pushed them off not meaning to make them stumble to the ground and immediately rushed towards Reena.

I know that there are protocols and they are very well trained for this kind of incident but if Reena's involved, that's a different story.

When they got her out of the car, she was unconscious. I immediately looked at her chest; relieved to see that she's breathing. I released a deep breath I didn't know I was holding. She was immediately rushed to an ambulance. I didn't even had the chance to get near her.

Lumapit sa'kin yung isang lalaking medic.

"Kakilala niyo po ba yung naaksidente sir?"

Why did they have to take her immediately, was it something serious? I didn't even get to check on her, fuck. But I don't have the time to argue. I just want to get to her fast.

"Yes, what hospital are they taking her?" I can feel the adrenaline through my veins. Reena's going to be the death of me.

"Rodriguez Hospital po sir." Sagot niya at hindi ko na inantay pa kung may sasabihin pa siya.

Nagpunta ako sa direksyon nila Carlo at Andy who were waiting for me. I just told them kung saang ospital saka ako nagpunta ng parking lot. They were still behind me. I unlocked my car and they both got in before I did with Carlo in the driver's seat.

"Aren't you using your fcking cars?" I asked them, annoyed.

"I'll drive. You're not to get yourself in an accident after what happened to Reena." sabay hablot ni Carlo sa susi ng sasakyan ko nang di inaantay yung sagot ko.

Andy's already on the backseat of my car at may kausap sa phone. She may be updating the others to meet us at the hospital.

I didn't fight Carlo off because as much as I hate that he's right, I really might crash my car while rushing to the hospital.

"Fine." I answered and got into the passenger seat as Carlo started to drive out of the parking lot.

"If you so much as put a scratch on my car I'm going to punch you." I half-threaten him as he scoffed.

REENA

My head was pounding when I tried opening my eyes. It was blurry for a moment and it took me a minute to finally have a clear vision.

"Reena.." it's Kevin.

Why is he here? Why am I here?

"Are you okay?" Kevin asked me.

Kevin and Andy are both on my sides and as I looked around, there are white curtains and I'm lying on a hospital bed.

"What happened?" I ask them.

"We're at the ER, Ree. How do you feel?" Andy asked me.

"Did I crash any of the cars behind me?" I asked as I closed my eyes. My head is banging but I open them again.

"You're not really in the position to worry about that now." Kevin answered annoyingly.

His face is painted of worry, his brows creased. He looks like he's looking for something to punch and my subconscious is forcing my body to dodge a punch from him but of course it doesn't come. I can't point his emotions but wait, is he mad?