Chapter 8

I sit on the couch, biting my lip. I really shouldn't do that, but I always do when I'm nervous.

Today, both of my parents are coming to discuss "important things" with Jack.

I'm worried about what will happen, and the other two boys are out.

The doorbell rings, and Jack stands up and ruffles my hair. "We'll be fine, kiddo. I'm legally your guardian, there's nothing they can do to change that."

I nod and fix the hair that he messed up while he answers the door

My parents walk in, and you can feel the tension. It's like BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ! Haha, just kidding. I'm not sure why I just did that.

My parents sit on separate chairs, like, far away from each other, while Jack and I are side by side on the couch.

Jack crosses his arms. "Well?"

Dad clears his throat. "We don't think it's healthy for Chrissa to live with three teenage boys."

Jack snorts. "Why the hell not? Are you saying it is healthy to live with one parent that's never home, and won't even glance at her when they are?"

Dad's eyes glower with anger. "That's not true and you know it."

I smirk. "Oh, but it is. I'm happier living with these boys... my REAL family, than I ever was with you. Even if Jack did agree to giving me back, it would still need to be my decision."

His eyes shoot to mine, and he scowls, like he just realized I'm here. "Chrissa, this is adult talk. Leave."

I stubbornly cross my arms, and Jack slings his arm over my shoulder. "No. This is my business too, and you have no authority over me."

His eyes blaze with anger, but he says nothing. Finally, mom speaks up. "Were you really this unhappy, guys?"

We both nod, and she gives us a sad look. I feel bad for a second. She never hurt me... but she wasn't home any more than dad was.

"Chrissa Rose, if you aren't happy here, tell me. If you are, then I'll leave, and I won't argue with Jack about custody." She says firmly.

I nod. "What I said was true. I'm happier than I've ever been."

She nods back as a response, and without a word, gets up and leaves.

Dad stares at us both for a minute. "Forget it. You two aren't my children anymore. I'll find new kids, and they'll replace you... EASILY."

I smirk. "Good. If it wasn't clear already, we didn't want you around anyway."

He rolls his eyes, and Jack speaks up. "Don't come crawling back to us when you figure out that nobody likes an asshole."

I snicker and high five him, while dad walks out angrily.

Okay, that felt good. No more lying to you people, THAT FELT AMAZING!!! LIKE WHOO! WILD LIFE! BUCK WILD! YASSS! (lol, I'm not sure why I did this....)

I walk upstairs and go to bed happy, knowing that I finally got the man who made me cry myself to sleep out of my life.

A/N lol, see what I did there? with the songs? no? oh, ok. but anyway, over 50 reads soooo... WE GON PARTY BUCK WILD! Hope you enjoyed, I'll try to post as much as possible, but idk. My mom made this stupid rule that I have to give my phone to her at 9:00, and then I don't get it back until my homework is done... THE NEXT DAY! That's right, I get it for about 4 hours a day. Not happy about it, since my life revolves around music and Magcon boys. Ok, enough of my rant. If you actually read this far, comment Cheesy Potato. (nobody probs will, but its worth a try 😂 )

~Tay