Chapter 38

Imagination just might be my favorite song off of handwritten... What's y'all's?
-------
"Chrissa!" Shawn calls.

I shove the last clothing item in my bag and run out. "I'm ready! Come on!"

We are about to go to magcon Los Angeles. Of course, I'm nervous about seeing Hayes again, but Shawn has helped me a lot. I would definitely be a lot more nervous if it weren't for him.

He pulls me into the car with him. Somehow, he has never been to LA before, and is way overexcited, which is pretty cute in a little kid kind of way.

His mom drops us off, and gives us both big hugs.

"You take care, Chrissa. I'll see you again soon," she sighs.

Shawn's mom has grown to love me over the past two weeks, and same with me. She's a really sweet lady.

"We're going to miss our flight!" Shawn exclaims, grabbing my hand and pulling me into the airport.

"Shawn! It doesn't leave for another hour!" I laugh. "We won't be late!"

He still huffs frustratedly when we have to wait in the line to go through security.

By the time we get through it, the plane is supposed to take off in five minutes.

"I told you we'd be late!" He panics, grabbing my hand again and practically sprinting to our gate.

Somehow, he gets us there just as they are calling for our rows to board.

"I told you," he smirks triumphantly as we sit down.

"Fine, fine. You win," I sigh dramatically. "Now shut up, I'm taking a nap!"

He laughs and pops his earbuds in, but I can't seem to get comfortable, so my head ends up on his shoulder, and within minutes, I'm sound asleep.

-------

"Chrissa! Wake up!" Shawn whispers. "The plane landed."

My eyes slowly blink open, and I stretch. "I slept that whole way? Wow, ok, come on."

I stand up and pick up my carry on, him close behind me.

"Walk faster!" He whines. "I want to see LA!"

Just to piss him off, I walk even slower.

This causes him to pick me up so that I can't block him anymore and speed walk off the plane.

"Put me down!" I laugh, wiggling out of his grasp when we get to the luggage claim. My laughter is cut short when my eye catches the one person I really don't want to see.

Shawn sees them too, so he quickly grabs our luggage, and we look around for Bart.

"Over here!" Bart calls from near the gates.

I run over and look around excitedly. "Are the other boys here?"

"No," Bart replies. "They're all at the hotel. Just you, Shawn, and the Griers were all that's left, and now you're here!"

The others walk up, Shawn chatting with Nash, and Hayes staring at his shoes.

It's going to be a long car ride.

-------

I sprint like an Olympic runner out of the car, leaving the others to get out on their own time.

As I expected, the car ride was awkward, but not as awkward as I thought. Since I am on good terms with Nash, I spent most of the time talking to him.

"Is that Chrissa I see?" A familiar voice asks loudly.

"MATTCHU!" I squeal, running to the tall teenagers and hugging him. "I haven't seen you since last month!"

"I know, right?!" He agrees in his famous teenage girl voice. "Everyone is in Cameron's room! Let's go!"

Once we are alone in the elevator, his expression turns serious. "So I saw you and Hayes's tweets. Did you break up?"

I sigh, nodding. "We did. He was being a dick about me texting Shawn and it went too far."

"Shawn?" He asks, confused. "Isn't Shawn like, your best friend?"

"Yeah!" I confirm, rubbing my head. "Actually, that's where I've been.... I didn't feel like I could stay with Hayes, so I've been staying with Shawn for the past two weeks."

"Are you sad?" He questions, his voice dropping to a whisper.

"I was... but I'm over it. Hayes and I just didn't work," I smile a little.

"That's good! Ready to have fun?" He asks excitedly, his voice raising again, as the elevator doors open.

"Yes!" I squeal. "Come on I have boys to hug!"

He grabs my hand and pulls me to a room that I could hear lots of noise coming from.

I fling the door open to reveal complete and utter chaos. "Honey! I'm home!"

Everyone stops what they're doing and greets me in their own forms. Mahogany, Cam, Jack, JJ, and Sammy jump up and run over to me.

"I get to hug her first!" Jack announced. "She's my sister!"

"No! She loves me more!" Sam argues, jumping in front of him.

While a full on argument breaks out, Mahogany sneaks around and gives me a huge hug.

"Hey baby girl! Nash told me what happened, you good?" She asks.

"Better than ever!" I chirp happily.

She nods, smiling, and backs up so I can hug the others. First Jack, then Sammy, then JJ, then finally, Cameron, who throws me on the couch and tickles me until tears are streaming down my cheeks.

"Wh-y-y?" I manage to stutter between laughs.

"Because Nash called me, panicking, saying that you left and he didn't know where you were and you gave me a heart attack!" He scolds, letting up the tickling.

"Sorry Cammy," I apologize sincerely, hugging him again. "I wasn't trying to worry anybody."

"Chrissa! Our room is next door!" Shawn informs me as he walks through the door.

His arrival induces a whole new bout of excitement, and another one when Hayes and Nash show up, although Cameron does give Hayes a disapproving head shake.

Sammy picks me up and puts me beside him. "No need to speak of North Carolina, but how was Canada?"

I smile. "It was so much fun! Shawn's mom and his little sister Aaliyah are so nice! We worked on some songs, but those are top secret, and he showed me around, and it was great!"

He grins. "Glad to hear it! So you and Hayes are totally over, hm?"

"Yeah, we're done," I clarify.

"Is it just a break? Are you getting back together?" He probes.

"Oh, hell no!" I laugh. "I'm not dating a guy who thinks he can control me."

Sam ruffles my hair. "Good, I was going to prohibit you from dating him again anyway."

"We're all going back to Omaha after this one, yeah?" I ask, grabbing his arm and hugging it.

"Yeah. We'll all be in Omaha... Its going to be fun," he says happily.

Excitement flutters in my chest. As much fun as Canada was, I can't wait to get home and spend some time with my brother(s). Now all I have to do is get through this trip.... It shouldn't be too hard. All I need to do is avoid Hayes.
------
Hi my people :) I'm really sorry for the lame chapter.... I kinda got sick and really didn't feel like writing, but I promised the chapter would be up tonight, so this piece of shit emerged from my brain. I love you guys and try not to get sick because trust me it sucks.
~Tay