Chapter 36

"Chrissa, your phone is annoying me," Nash says, waking me up.

I look around at my surroundings, and panic engulfs me for a moment before I remember that I'm on a plane.

"Where is it?" I ask, yawning.

Hayes hands me my phone and I have about 16 messages from Jack.

*text convo*
Brotha - Chrissa
Brotha- have you landed yet?
Brotha- are you still on the plane?
Brotha- why aren't you answering me?
Brotha- Chrissa
Brotha- answer your texts
Brotha- are you ignoring me?
Brotha- I'm going to spam you until you answer me
Brotha- Chrissa
Brotha- Rose
Brotha- Gilinsky
Brotha- look at your damn phone
Brotha- Chris
Brotha- Chrissy
Brotha- C-Dawg
Brotha- sissy
Chrissy Sissy- Oh my god Jack shut up I was asleep and yes I'm still on the plane
(Chrissy Sissy is her name on Jack's phone and Brotha is his name on her phone in case you didn't get that)
*end of text convo*

"Are we almost there?" I ask Hayes, who is sitting in the seat next to me with his face buried in my shoulder.

"Yeah, we're landing in about 10 minutes," he replies without moving from his position.

I laugh and try to shrug him off. "Stop being weird."

He pouts and sits up, then grabs my phone. Deciding that he can't do too much damage if I'm watching him, I just let him and lean my head on his shoulder to watch.

Hayes pulls up instagram and takes a selfie of him and Nash, then posts it with the caption, "Hacked by the best 😏"

I take it from him before he can do anything else right as the plane lands.

We walk off the train together, and the boys go over to a middle aged woman with brown hair and friendly, sparkling eyes. It must be their mom.

Hayes grabs my hand and pulls me over to her while Nash gets our luggage.

"Mom, this is my girlfriend, Chrissa," he announces when we get there. "Chrissa, this is my mom."

I give her a huge smile and reach out to shake her hand, but she pulls me into a hug, which just makes my smile bigger.

"Oh, honey!" She greets, her southern accent lacing her voice. "It's so nice to finally meet you! You're all Hayes has been talking about for the past two months, and I decided I just had to meet this girl who makes my son so happy."

Hayes looks down, a slight blush gracing his cheeks, so I lace my fingers with his. "You are so nice! I've been wondering when I'd meet you, and it's great!"

She grins and pulls Nash in for a hug as he walks over.

We all walk towards the car, and she walks next to me. "Okay Miss Chrissa, first of all, call me Elizabeth. I already know that you're Jack's sister, I've met him before and he's a lovely boy, but tell me about yourself, dear!"

I smile. "Well, I live with Jack, Jack J, and Sammy in Omaha. I didn't start going to magcon until a few months ago, and I just recently became a permanent member of it. My favorite color is pink, and unlike a lot of girls, I don't try to be a tomboy, and I am willing to admit that I love glitter and all things fluffy. I guess that's all there is to tell."

Elizabeth frowns. "You live with your brother? Don't you have..." She trails off, closing her mouth. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't ask that."

"No, it's okay," I smile. "My parents kind of neglected me and Jack so he's kind of my legal guardian now. I don't mind, I have never been attached to my parents."

Hayes takes this opportunity to speak up. "She can sing too!"

"Oh! Really? I'll have to hear it sometime!" She exclaims, sounding delighted.

This time it's my turn to blush. "Oh, I'm still a little shy about that... I have only sang in front of people once, and it was because Shawn made me this week."

Elizabeth glances back at me from the driver's seat. "Shawn? I think I've only met him once. He's pretty shy, but seems sweet. Do you know him well?"

I grin. "Oh, yes. Shawny Boy is my best friend. He opens up after about a day."

Hayes leans over so his mouth is close to my ear. "She really likes you." I can barely hear him because he is whispering so quietly, but I manage to make it out

"She's so nice," I whisper back.

"Well, Chrissa, my dear, I guess you're about to meet Will and Skylynn," Elizabeth tells me. "Will is pretty nice, and Skylynn is sweet, but she is very sassy and can be a tad overwhelming."

I smile. "I'm sure I'll love them both."

Hayes jumps out of the car and runs over to my side to open the door for me.

"You dork," I laugh as I jump out and kiss his cheek quickly.

He leads me to the door, where Elizabeth and Nash have already gone in.

Almost immediately, I am greeted with a small blonde girl with warm brown eyes. "Hi Hayes! Did you bring a princess?" She looks at me with wide eyes.

I kneel down in front of her and smile. "No, sweetie. I'm no princess, but I hear you are. My name is Chrissa, and you must be Skylynn. Your brother has told me all about you."

She tilts her head. "Are you sure you're not a princess? You're pretty and nice. Can you sing like a princess?"

Laughing, I shake my head. "Nah, I'm not a princess."

Hayes leans down beside me. "But you're my princess. It says so in my phone."

I look back at him. "Are you serious?"

He laughs and nods, and I feel Skylynn's little hand grab mine. "You need to come meet my stuffed animals, Chrissa!"

She pulls me up the stairs, and into her pink room, where I sit on the floor and listen to her tell me the names of every single one of her stuffed animals.

I've been here less than 15 minutes, but I can already tell that I'm going to love it.
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Okay, lovelies! I've made a decision. I will continue this book until at least chapter 50. That does NOT mean that I'm going to end it on chapter 50! For all I know, I might not be able to finish the plot until like chapter 70. I'm just saying that I will definitely not end it until AT LEAST chapter 50. Love yall and hope you enjoyed!
~Tay