Chapter 39

Wowza I've gotten so far into this book you guys! Sorry for not updating in so long, I had writers block.

"Chris! Wake up!" Shawn whispers, shaking my shoulder.

"Why? The show was yesterday," I groan, opening one eye.

"We're going to Six Flags in two hours! I'm going to Jack and Matt's room, so you get ready," he explains before walking out of the room.

I stretch and sit up, blinking my eyes to adjust to the light coming in through the window.

As usual, the first thing I do is pick up my phone and check the notifications.

On Twitter, there were many questions regarding Hayes and me; probably because he tweets a whole lot of indirect shit like "I messed up" and "Wonder if this is hurting you as much as it's hurting me."

The second one was the only one I acknowledged by saying, "It hurts more knowing you never trusted me.." Which was true.

I exhale deeply. Its past time to tell the fans.

"@ChrissaG: Yes, it's true. Hayes and I broke up. Things happen, time passes. Yes, it upsets me, but I'll continue to get better."

Almost immediately, I get a lot of replies asking why, so I decide to acknowledge that as well.

"@ChrissaG: Relationships require trust. If there is no trust, then it won't work out. And that is what happened."

This time, I get a surprising reply from none other than Hayes himself.

"@hayesgrier: @ChrissaG you can stop pretending like it wasn't just me. I was the one who had no trust and the one who messed up, you didn't do anything. Thanks for trying to share the blame, though."

A single tear runs down my face, but I wipe it away quickly. "You can't cry over him anymore," I remind myself harshly.

"Chris, getting ready means getting out of bed!" Shawn reminds me, yelling through the closed door.

"How did you know I'm not?" I reply, confused.

"Because I know you! Now get up!" He laughs.

Groaning, I roll out of my bed and walk to the bathroom. It takes some digging through my suitcase, but I find my outfit: pink Nike short shorts and a white flowy crop top that I can pair with white vans.

It takes me only fifteen minutes to get ready because I decide to leave my hair natural and put it into a ponytail.

Thankfully, I got my cast off while I was staying with Shawn.

"I'm ready!" I announce as I exite the bathroom.

To my surprise, instead of Shawn or and empty room waiting for me, I find Taylor.

Don't get me wrong, he's nice and all, I've just never had the chance to really get to know him. Therefore, we aren't very close.

"Hi Taylor," I greet him.

"Hey Chrissa! Shawn asked me to wait for you and bring you downstairs when you were ready," he explains.

"Oh, okay!" I smile.

He smiles back, then leads the way down to the lobby, where the rest of the boys are already waiting for me.

"Ready to go have some fun?" Aaron asks, leaving his spot next to Hayes and walking over to me.

"Definitely!" I reply, forcing excitement into my voice.

Hayes's eyes burn into me. I can easily feel his stare, but I refuse to acknowledge him. I just know that there is s chance that if I stare into his beautiful blue eyes again, I may snap.