Chapter 40

"It's okay, Chrissa," Jack tries to comfort me as we exit magcon.

"No it's not, Jack! They all hate me!" I frown and stare at the ground. I knew it would be bad, but I didn't think it would be that bad. So many of the girls shot me glares, a few whispered hurtful things like "slut" and "whore" to me as they walked past. One even made a sign and held it up during the even that said, "We hate Chrisssa."

"Where's Shawn?" Nash asks suddenly, looking around.

We all look for him and realize he's not there.

I walk back into the venue, and see him onstage talking to the large group of girls.

"I am so disappointed in a lot of you," he sighs into the microphone. "What did Chrissa do to deserve all that? Break up with her boyfriend? That happens all the time. No, we are not dating, and she is not a slut. She is the biggest sweetheart I've met in my life, and she lives to never hurt anybody. She will never fight back against those of you who hate her, because that's just her nature. But she barely came on stage today. Why? Because she was sitting behind the stage crying. You guys really hurt my best friend, and I'm not okay with that. Chrissa Rose Gilinsky is one of the best people you'll ever meet, and you are all trying to tear her down because of a stupid breakup."

With that, he puts the mic back and walks offstage.

When he sees me, he looks surprised, but I walk forward and hug him tightly.

"You're the only one that's doing anything about this..." I whisper.

We walk to the bus together, and I choose to sit by Mahogany, who told off the girl with the sign. Shawn sits on my other side.

When we get to the hotel though, instead of going to our rooms, Bart instructs us to follow him to the hotel conference room.

Uh oh....

We all take seats around the table, and Bart sighs and looks at Nash too speak.

"We're leaving magcon," He says quickly.

"Wait," Taylor frowns. "What? Who?"

"Me, Nash, Hayes, and Carter," Cameron replies. "Our new management, 26mgmt, couldn't agree with the magcon schedules, so we need to leave."

Gilinsky coughs. "Jack and I need to start going to college... magcon could get in the way of that."

"I'm going on tour with Austin Mahone," Shawn adds.

"If my brother and JJ are leaving, I am too," I speak up.

"Wait, all of you are leaving? I thought I was just losing four!" Bart exclaims angrily. "At least I still have you others..."

Matt shakes his head. "I can't do this without them. We're a family, I'm not staying if they're leaving. Sorry Bart, I'm out too."

"Aaron? Taylor? Sammy? Jacob? Mahogany?" Bart asks desperately.

Jacob shakes his head. "I need to focus on my music career, magcon isn't good for that anymore."

"It won't be the same without everyone else," Mahogany sighs. "I'm out too."

Sammy looks around. "You really thought I would stay if Chrissa, Jack, and Jack are leaving? Sorry Bart, that's literally my family."

Taylor and Aaron both decide to leave as well.

"You're all just leaving?" Bart rages. "But your contract! This is good for you! Magcon is good!"

Carter steps forward and looks him in the eye. "You overprice our merch, you charge a fortune to come to our shows, and now you're mad we want to expand our dreams? Bart, are you really doing this for us?"

Taylor squints at him. "He has a point... we're just a source of money for you, aren't we?"

Bart stares at the two, unable to speak.

"I can't believe this, maybe it's good that everyone is leaving," Taylor says. "Find yourself a new bank, Bart."

We all begin walking out, but Cam stops and smirks back at the distraught Bart. "Our contract ended two months ago, I looked into it."

Shawn and I walk into our room, and I stare at the ceiling. "Did that really just happen?"

He nods quietly. "I think it did. Don't worry Chris, this is a good thing. Think, we can expand our careers without magcon tying is down. We can work on our singing careers, your brother can finally go to college, the boys can work on their acting career. This is good for us."

"I know," I smile. "It just seems unreal. But I don't think I have a career anymore... all the people who used to support me hate me now."

He smiles at his phone. "Get on Twitter."

"What?" I ask, confused. "Why? Shawn I'm sorry but I really don't feel like reading my hate tweets telling me to kill myself."

Shawn shakes his head. "Just go to the trending hashtags... please?"

Sighing, I unlock my phone and open Twitter. One of the trends was #WeAreSorryChrissa.

"What?" I ask out loud. "B-but how? They hated me..."

Confused, I press the tag and start reading them. There were a few hate comments, but a lot of them seemed genuinely sorry.

I decide to tweet about it.

"@ChrissaG: #WeAreSorryChrissa
Wow... a worldwide trend just for me? I don't blame any of you for being angry, but I forgive all of you, and I hope you can forgive me."

Immediately, I get a lot of feedback, mostly positive, thankfully.

Shawn wraps his arm around my shoulder. "See Chris? You still have support, and you definitely still have this family of yours."

Smiling from ear to ear, I begin replying to a lot of tweets, and then I find one from Sammy.

"@sammywilk: "WeAreSorryChrissa I'm glad you guys realized your mistake. Chrissa is family and I love her a lot. No toleration for hate towards her."

"@ChrissaG: @sammywilk I love you too, Sammy. You are and always will be my brother ❤️"

Jack and Jack both also tweet about it.

Eventually, exhausted from such a crazy day, I fall asleep on Shawn's shoulder.

The last thing I remember before passing out was him gently taking my phone and plugging it in for me.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Hey family! Thank you for reading! By the way I'm in love with Boom 😍 so this is Chrissa's take of when magcon broke up mixed with her take on the hate she's getting because of her breakup. I love you!
-Tay