Chapter 7

A/N this chapter might be a little depressing at first, but it get better, i promise

I walk inside from school, and hear yelling. Assuming its my mom and dad fighting again, I just ignore it and walk into the kitchen.

That's when I hear it. Jack's voice. "S-Sorry..."

I feel anger running through my veins. He can't take this out on Jack! I press my ear to the door, to hear my dad yell.

"YOU TAKE TERRIBLE CARE OF HER! YOU'RE NOT EVEN HOME HALF THE TIME! I'M SICK AND TIRED OF-"

I run through the door, yelling, "STOP!" I jump between Dad and Jack, and they both stare at me wide eyed.

"Move, Chrissa." My dad says.

"No, stop." He tries to say something, but I repeat it firmly. "Stop."

He scowls. "Why are you yelling at him?" I growl.

"For not taking care of you, C-" I interrupt. "So suddenly Jack is my dad? Isn't taking care of me supposed to be your job? As a parent? Oh wait, not that I have parents anymore."

He looks taken aback. "Chrissa, I'm your father, and you still have a mother."

My eyes widen. "Oh, I still have parents? I didn't even notice because THEY'RE NEVER THERE FOR ME! JACK ALWAYS IS, AND YOU'RE IN HERE YELLING AT HIM, WHEN YOU DON'T DO SHIT! STOP ACTING LIKE YOU CARE, I KNOW YOU'RE JUST FINDING AN EXCUSE TO YELL AT HIM!"

His mouth drops open in shock, and his face is quickly recovered by anger. Suddenly, I feel my cheek stinging. My eyes widen, and I slowly bring my fingers up to touch my cheek.

He hit me.... He actually just hit me. Jack seems to snap out of his shock, and jumps up.

My dad's eyes get huge. "I'm so sorry Chrissy... I didn't mean to...." He reaches out, and Jack grabs my arm.

"Don't touch me...." I whisper. He takes another step closer. "Don't... Touch.... Me..." I say louder. Jack moves so he's in front of me.

"She said don't touch her. Come on Chris, lets go visit Jack."

I willingly grab his hand, and practically drag him out the door.

We leave dad standing there speechless.

Jack pulls up at JJ's house, and I can't help but glance in the car mirror. Sure enough, there's a bright red hand mark across my face.

Jack slings his arm over my shoulders as we walk to the door. He knocks, and Jack's mom answers it.

JJ's mom is the literal best. She's what every girl dreams of in a parent.

She smiles brightly. "Hello you two! We weren't expecting...." She trails off as her eyes land on my face. She whispers something in Jack's ear, and he nods grimly.

She puts her hand on my shoulder. "Come along, Chrissa dear, we'll just get you some ice." I smile gratefully and follow her.

As I'm holding it up to my cheek, I hear JJ yell, "WHAT?"

I walk into the living room, my ice forgotten. JJ jumps up off the couch and holds my shoulders, examining my cheek. "He's not going near her again..." He mumbles to Jack, who quietly nods.

"Call Sam, I didn't think it would be this soon, but we have to go through with the plan." JJ mumbles.

Jack grabs his phone and walks into the kitchen.

JJ gets out his laptop, and starts typing. A moment later, Jack walks back in, a small smile on his face.

"Did you do it?" Jack asks. JJ nods, smiling. "Sam is on his way... just one more thing to do." Jack dials another number, talks for a minute, then gives the phone to me.

"Hello? Chrissa? This is the child protection agency. Did your dad hit you?" I frown. "Y-Yes...." She sounds nice.

"How hard?" I think for a minute. "Hard enough that it was an hour ago, and there's still a red hand print on my cheek."

She sighs. "Do you feel like you would be ok in the care of Jack Gilinsky, Jack Johnson, and Sam Wilkinson?"

I nod while I talk. "Of course, they're the ones who take care of me anyway."

She sounds cheerful again now... this woman switches moods faster than the weather in Texas. "Good! Tell your brother that we'll be over with the papers in about half an hour." "Ok... thank you ma'am."

I'm smart enough to realize what just happened. I give Jack the message, and Sam bursts through the door.

"SISSY ARE YOU OK?" I nod, and he hugs me. I breathe in his cologne and sigh.

JJ taps him on the shoulder. "It's all done Sam. The house, everything." He breaks into a grin and hugs me tighter.

Suddenly there's a knock on the door. I smile, and Sam tosses me onto his back. I cling on, laughing as he carries me to the door. "They're early..." Jack comments.

Sam swings the door open, and all conversation stops when we see Dad standing there.

He shoots a glare at Sam, and holds out his arms. "Chrissy come here, I'm sorry for what I did. Look, your mom and I are getting a divorce, I can take care of you now."

I wrinkle my nose. "Why would I want you to? You're the reason I used to cry myself to sleep. Do you know why I don't anymore? These three. You're the reason I have this red mark on my face! Why the hell should I go back to you?!"

He crosses his arms. "Chrissa Rose, you are my daughter, and I'm demanding that you come back with me.

I smirk as the children protection walks in, flashing a grin at me and Sammy.

"Not for long. You lost the right to call me your daughter two years ago... When you started to stop caring about your family!"

His mouth gapes open. "Mr. Wilkinson, all we need is your signature!" A lady says. She sounds like the woman I talked to on the phone.

Sam trots over like a horse, making me laugh. She smiles as he signs. "I can already see that this was a good decision! Chrissa dear, is that your father?"

I nod, and glance back at him. She walks over and speaks softly to him. "WHAT! THEY CAN'T DO THAT!" She frowns. "They can. I've seen proof of your abuse, its plain on her face. They're all three 18, responsible, and have provided proof of a place where she can live. Oh, and her stuff is already out of your house, as is Jack's. We're letting you off with a warning this time, Mr. Gilinsky, but say goodbye to your children."

He storms over, and tries to snatch the paper. Sam moves it out of the way, and he growls.

"Boy, you best give me that paper, or..."

"Or what?" A police officer asks, walking in. Dad's eyes widen, but he shoots one last glare at all of us before storming out of the house.

I'm finally free.

A/N: yes! finished it. the end is kind of rushed, because I was in a hurry, but yeah. I'll try my best to have the next chapter up by tomorrow. love y'all! oh right, random shout out! Read Worth It, its a Sammy fanfic. Okayyy bye!

~Tay