Chapter 25

Shawn is the fave. I love him. You will just have to deal with it okay?
$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$
"Toronto, here we come," Sammy sighs as we walk side by side into the airport.
Since Bart is bad at giving information, it's just us. You want an explanation, I guess.
So basically, he told us that he didn't need me and Samuel as guests this time, so we stayed home. This morning, he called us very angrily and asked why we weren't there. So now, I guess we're flying to Canada because Bart just can't make up his damn mind.
I'm not mad about it. I'm excited to see the boys again, but really? Did he have to book a 3 am flight?
Sammy and I board the plane, which is mostly empty. Weird. Who would've thought that barely any people are flying from Omaha to Toronto at 3 in the morning in the middle of the week?
He takes the window seat, and I place my head on his shoulder while he immediately gets out his phone.
I close my eyes and eventually drift off to sleep.
By the time I wake up, the sky is light and Sam is asleep.
The flight attendant walks past, but I get her attention, so she stops and looks at me.
"Sorry to bother you, ma'am," I whisper, "but how much longer is this flight?"
She smiles. "Only two more hours, sweetie. Can I get you anything?"
"Oh, no, but thank you!"
She walks away, so I pull out my phone and look at it. 8 in the morning.
Since I'm bored, I get on Twitter.
Almost immediately, I notice that Bart tweeted: "Working with teenagers can be so frustrating. They never listen 😒"
"Oh wow, can you say indirect?" I mutter under my breath.
"You told us we weren't guests. Not our fault @BartBordelon". Without hesitating, I press the send button and scroll through my timeline.
After an hour, I get a text from Cameron.
---------
Cammy Cam🐨- Yo, Bart is super pissed.
Chrissy Wissy 💖- Of course he is, but it's his fault.
Cammy Cam🐨- Well, yeah. But he'll never admit that. When does your flight land?
Chrissy Wissy 💖- Around 10.
Cammy Cam🐨- Ok, I gotta go, but I'll see you then. WUV YOU!
------------

I smile at my phone and glance over at Sammy.
He is still sound asleep with his mouth slightly open.
I make a mental decision and open the vine app. Sammy makes a snoring sound, so I start recording and copy him, then post the vine.
Ironically, almost immediately after, his eyes flutter open and he looks around.
"So Chris..." he starts.
"So Sam...." I copy him.
"I've been doing something," he says.
I raise my eyebrows at him. "What kind of something?"
He can't contain it anymore- his face breaks into a grin. "I've been recording a song..."
I squeal, earning a glare from the other people on the plane. "Really?" I lower my voice. "When is it coming out?"
"One week," he replies, grinning.
"We are now landing. Please secure all seat belts and turn off electronics," the loudspeaker crackles.
I turn my phone off and hug Sammy tightly. "I'm so proud of you!"
"So when are you going to start?" He asks.
Sighing, I pull away. "Never, Sam. I can't be a singer, and that's just okay."
"Why can't you, though?" He argues as the plane lands.
"We've talked about this," I explain gently. "Jack is a singer. If I do it too, ill get hate for copying him. Besides, I don't need to sing to be happy."
He frowns disapprovingly, but gives in.
Together, we get up and exit the plane as instructed.
"You could just do it at magcon," he suggests.
I put my hand on his shoulder. "Well, I guess when you put it that way... no."
Sam rolls his eyes and grabs our suitcases from the thingy.
Thingy is the best word. You can use it for anything you don't have a word for and as long as you point, everyone knows what you're talking about!
I realize that I'm trailing behind and jog to catch up.
"Hey Chris, are they picking us up or do we have to magically find our way to the hotel that we don't know the location of?" He asks.
"Um, I thought we were getting picked up, but I don't see-" I get interrupted by my phone ringing. Flights. That would be Jack's ringtone.
I answer it quickly.
"Hey Chrissa, have you landed?" He asks.
"Yeah, we just landed a minute ago. So hey are we supposed to find our way to the hotel ourselves, or...?"
He laughs. "Nah, we're here. Wait outside the door."
Obediently, I walk outside with Sammy close behind, and sure enough, a black jeep pulls up in front of us.
"Need a ride?" Cam asks from the front seat.
Sam smiles. "Yeah, that would be great."
I climb into the back of the jeep and tap on the driver, Jack's, head. "Hey big brother!"
"Hola, Chrissa. Coma estas?" He asks in Spanish.
I laugh a little. "Don't start with the Spanish."
Sam slides into the seat next to me, and we drive away from the airport and to a hotel nearby.
"About time!" Bart whines as we get out of the jeep with our luggage.
"Sorry, Bart..." Sam mutters apologetically.
Not the type to be sorry when it's his fault, I just glare and walk past him.
"Easy, tiger," Jack warns once we're out of earshot. "Don't make him too mad or we won't be able to bring you anymore."
I wave him off. Bart can go fuck himself for all I care.
"Chrissa! That is bad language!" Jack scolds.
"Did I say that out loud?" I gulp.
He laughs and nods.
"Oops...." I mumble.
"You and Mahogany's room is 274. Unpack, then put on your swimsuit and meet us at the pool." He instructs.
I nod and walk into the room. It's easy to tell that it is going to be a busy day.
------
Three chapters in two days! I'm really proud of myself, guys! I guess spring break gives me quite a bit of time to write! Love y'all!
~Tay