Chapter 46

Hayley

Holding the front door open for the two familiar faces, everything in me turns to stone. I know Elijah didn't want me to overreact, but how can I not? And Bonnie, well, there seems to now be a change in plans for contacting her to help. Because Kol and Davina are already here - standing on the doorstep.

Kol plasters a wide smile and waves, as Davina stands behind him looking over his shoulder, an uncertain expression upon her face. The youngest Mikaelson brother clears his throat. "May we come in?" He breaks the silence.

My tense shoulders learn to relax, a moment after the sliver of hesitation, I nod. Kol and Davina walk past me, entering the house. I shut the door and glance at a warily Rebekah stood in the foyer - just feet away from Kol.

"Kol." Rebekah visibly swallows, showcasing a small smile. "You made it." She doesn't look at Davina Claire standing beside him.

"Surprisingly it didn't take him long to decide to accept helping out." Davina begins, Rebekah's blue eyes finally peel onto the youngest girl in the room. "I didn't think he would... neither would you." Rebekah responds. I watch Davina purse her lips, presumably hesitant to offer a smile.

I, on the other hand, can't be so polite to them and pretend nothing happened. I glance at Kol, with a wild thought now that it hit me that he's here. I pace toward him, and grab him arm gently, pulling him to the side. I see Davina watch me with curious eyes, then turns her attention back onto Rebekah. This may not work... but I need to. I need to ask.

I stare into Kol's dark brown eyes with seriousness. "I have to know I can trust the both of you doing the spell." I whisper. His thick brows narrow. "And how am I suppose to show you that you can trust me?"

I hold my breath. "You can give us Klaus." He lets out a low humorless laugh before I can add on, "Just listen, if we can trust you, isn't that what we've been waiting on? To see that you won't do anything so reckless again?" I reason. "Trust is included in that, Kol. If you're willing to help us and we can trust you, then that seals the deal. Just give him back!" I try to say lowly.

"It's just not time, Hayley." He says, staring deep into my eyes. His tone is serious. "I'm not ready. At least not ready to die because I know the moment I wake Niklaus he will literally tear me apart-"

"What if he won't? Klaus doesn't want a never ending war between the two of you, Kol. He never has." I conclude. He steps closer, warning glinting in his dark irises. "I can't."

I give him a once over, wanting nothing but to rip his head off. I breath, "Okay." My lips part for a moment once more. "Then let me see him."

-

Elijah's POV:

The den is crowded with the visitors. Jackson stands in the kitchen speaking with Rebekah. I am standing feet away from Damon encountering Davina Claire in the den. His brows raise in an enthusiastic manner. I roll my eyes as I overhear him.

"So you're the wacky witch I heard took Klaus." He states, and I watch him give her a once over in amusement. "Not so big and bad as I thought you were." Damon shrugs. Of course he's taking pleasure in this...

I stride pass some members of Jackson's pack, and stand next to Damon. Damon gives me a sideways glance. "Elijah, no need to keep watch I was just admiring her lack of threat that everyone seems to-" Before the Salvatore brother can finish, he begins coughing up water. Before I know it my eyes widen in horror while he falls to his knees. "Don't you think I've had enough over the past week?!" Damon rasps out, coughing uncontrollably. My gaze averts onto Davina, who's eyes are glaring.

"Davina." I say through gritted teeth. "Stop this." I demand, watching her ignore me and focus on Damon choking. Then something passes upon her face, and she immediately stops the scene. Damon coughs once more, before rising to his knees.

He grabs his throat in pain. "Oh, you're gonna regret that."

"No, don't bother. I'm leaving. I shouldn't of come. It should've just been Kol, look what I started." The young witch states in fury and turns to walk off.

"Stop." I easily grip her arm. When she turns to me I glance at her for a moment. "We need the spell." I finish lowly.

A quiet sigh escapes her lips. "Right, the spell." She hisses. "Where is Kol?" Her soft voice pipes with a hint of anger. And at the perfect moment, serious Kol and restless Hayley enter the den and approach us.

My youngest brother lets out a heavy breath. "Alright. Let's do this stupid spell." He says lowly. I glance at Hayley for some kind of reassurance, I don't know if she's OK with all of it. Her hazel eyes meet my own and after a moment, she half nods. I let out the breath I did not know I had been holding. Her arms are crossed firmly across her chest when we all watch it happen. My dear sister Rebekah enters the large room alongside Jackson.

Kol faces me. "Do you have anything of hers, the woman we're trying to find?" He asks.

"Well other than Hayley's heart..." Damon mumbles under his breath. Rebekah instantly hits his arm and he groans.

"I didn't think about that..." I hear Hayley say, barely audible. "We don't have anything."

"Wait." Rebekah starts in front of the silent crowd. "When we tried to fight her off I may have at least a couple strands of her hair in mine." She adds.

Kol's eyes furrow in question. "It was a rough fight..." Rebekah explains, brushing a hand through her long blonde hair. Silent moments pass before Rebekah gasps.

"There, it's at least one strand." She pulls her hand from her hair and opens her hand to a thin red strand. A triumphant grin begins on Damon's face.

Davina takes Rose's strand of hair and takes Kol's hand in hers. The two of them begin to chant low whispers - their hands held in one another's.

It takes minutes and minutes, and Kol's eyelids are squeezed shut, while Davina's nose begins to unleash a drop of blood. They are dwelled deep in the locator spell, everyone can see it. And it just reminds me just how powerful Rose is - and how seemingly she does not want to be found.

Just then, their hands part and the both of them gather their heavy breaths. Davina Claire turns to look at any of us who stand in curiosity. Her eyes land on mine.

"We found her." She says.

---

Long chapter!

*you know, I had to learn that when it comes to writing, it is impossible to please all readers. There are going to be some that criticize and hate. In case you writers needed to hear it. I know I did.
And for you readers; not a single story is going to be perfect.

xx