Chapter 54

*Changed the LAST paragraph in chapter 53 - reread before continuing please!*

Hayley

I race to Elijah and Rebekah's side - with Rose still on the sticky ground. My feet plant next to the scene. Rebekah's eyes flash with anger when her grip is released from Rose's neck - Rose's hand now clenched around Rebekah's wrist. And she throws her - my gaze follows Rebekah's flying body across the field - the redhead's powerful strength almost unimaginable.

But it's nothing I haven't seen before; Elijah scowls and charges toward Rose - his speed impossibly fast. Within the blink of an eye he grabs Rose by the hair and tugs, painfully harsh. Without a sliver of hesitation, I run up to her and grip both of her shoulders. My vangs instantly sink into her skinny neck.

Rose booms a groan and shoves her hands against my chest, sending me flying. It only takes seconds, everything beneath my escalated body becoming a blur, before I land on a set of strong arms. My eyes are squeezed shut before I slowly peel them open - looking into the dark eyes of Jackson. He caught me.

"Are you..." he begins, concern lingering behind his eyes. I interject - jumping from the bridal-style hold he has on me.

"I'm fine." I scowl, and hurriedly carry on and get back to battle, leaving him standing behind. I rush in the direction of Elijah who is squaring the redheaded psycho in the jaw - blood peers from her lips. Yet she smiles with pleasure. The Mikaelson throws another punch. On the way and from a distance I spot Rebekah from afar who just took a swing from Kai right after she landed on the dirt. Damon is now attacking a guy who lurched onto his back from afar.
I stop in my tracks, my eyes darting at the boy from the past who targets Rebekah...Kai. I growl, and instinctively charge at him.

The blue eyed Mikaelson breathes heavily, coming to a stand on her two feet. Kai watches her, then pulls her by her long blonde hair - his free hand pulled back and aiming for her heart. I reach him - and quickly pull him away from her. My arms wrap around his neck - ready to snap. But the moment before I twist, a furious Damon appears in front of Kai's captive body, his veined hands covered in blood. Damon's piercing light blue eyes blaze with a dangerous and malevolent anger when his eyes meet Kai's. He snatches Kai from my grip and holds the enemy by the collar of his ruffled shirt. The Salvatore brother lifts him up using his bloody hands and hurriedly throws him hard onto the mudded ground. Kai grunts in distress - before Damon lifts his own hand, and roars. Damon's hand sinks into Kai's chest fast, twisting and instantly yanking out a bloody heart in his grasp.

I let out a quiet breath I didn't know I was holding. Damon's buff chest is rising and falling increasingly. A relieved breath escapes Rebekah's lips as she watches Damon - his knees on the ground. In the blink of an eye her feet are planted next to him, she drops to her knees with him and captures him in an embrace. The Salvatore brother claims her; his masculine arms wrapped around her smaller frame.

I hurriedly turn to look at Rose behind us, her malevolent eyes already watching. Running a relieved hand furiously through my long ruffled hair, I turn my gaze to Damon and Rebekah on the ground; the two take each of another's hand, and come to a stand.

Their burning eyes don't leave from each other - the two of them share a look - before facing me. I send a glance, the two nod understandably; they're ready, I'm ready. Damon slips his hand into mine - and the blue eyed Mikaelson does the same on my other end. The three pairs of glaring eyes set on Rose. I suck in a breath.

And charge in her direction. Rebekah and Damon follow into step by either of my sides, and the determination, the anger, is set - pulsing in my veins.

Rebekah, with a bit more pace, throws herself upon Rose once the redhead is in reach, their bodies slamming onto the sticky ground. Damon reaches the redhead and grasps both of her hands, his body now weighing her down. Rebekah gently lands her own hand on Rose's rapid chest, before aggressively punching into the inside. The Mikaelson's hand is inside, but she doesn't twist and pull. Through gritted teeth, I squat next to the enemy's face and declare, "you won't win, Rose."

Rose struggles beneath Damon for one moment and her bright eyes flash with a deadly fury - her tamed hands forced down on either side of her head. She hisses with warning while her eyes dread into Damon's, and her gaze lazily peers over toward my own. Something hides behind her irises...defeat?

Careless, I take my hands and latch on to her skinny neck. My fingers are tight, knuckles white. A finger of mine sinks deep enough into her cervix that blood begins to drip where the finger is inserted...then followed behind each finger making their way in. My ten fingers are drenched in a pouring deep red, thick liquid. My hands plunge through it all - her head now detached from her soulless body.

All I see is red.

---

I know it has been up to a week since I last updated. I'm back now and for whatever reason there's no school on Monday, in case it's a holiday, have an amazing one!

~Oh! Comment you're favorite scene in this chapter, loves!
I know this one was much shorter than my usuals.

Much love

xx