Chapter 50

Hayley

The next morning, I sit outside with Elijah. The serenity is peaceful, calm. Coming back home last night was not as chaotic as I thought it would be; Elijah and Rebekah asked around for my whereabouts, in which no one had an answer to, but the two of them didn't contain much concern. After I told them they literally had to take a seat - in shock of the news of Kol's actual agreement. It was to my surprise as well that he went along with it too, after all daggering Klaus was his doing.

But the guests that arrived at the Mikaelson's yesterday weren't there when I got back. That in which Rebekah told me that she asked them to go considering my absence - and that we would finally get to Rose once I return. Though the update surprised me; I know that the Mikaelson's do not want me involved, I'm four months pregnant. Any month from here on out would be a risk, that I understand.

Given that Rose wants me, my heart, I confirmed I was going to stand beside all who came to fight.

And that fight just so happens to be scheduled for tomorrow.

Anyone may think it's absurd, overboard; the sundry of us fighting to take down one person. But what we witnessed the other night - the strength she abnormally contained - it has to be done in this way.

And I can't help but for the painful thought to wander in my head: what if everyone won't survive? What if one of us...

"How was it?" Elijah's calm voice alters, pulling me from my thoughts. I sit next to him on a porch chair - the silent night surrounding us with a smooth breeze.

I remember Klaus' ocean eyes, and how they secretly remind me of the crashing waves that we once stood over upon the rocks. The memory of his final words before I left, 'I love you' play in my head.

My smile plasters. "It was amazing." I fixate my hazel eyes on the noble Mikaelson seated next to me. "I haven't seen him in so long, Elijah. I nearly forgot the affect he has on me, the comfort he can bloom around me."

Elijah grins. "Do not rub it in, Hayley, I have not seen my brother in a while, you know."

I roll my eyes playfully and my smile falters. "Even if that was my last time seeing him for a very long time, even if that's all I get, I'm glad it happened." I sigh. "But for now I know there's the fight coming up, and I need rest, a lot of it."

I go to stand and Elijah's hand gently grabs my own, suppressing me from leaving. I meet his eyes, his hand quickly removes from above mine when his dark eyes shift from my own and onto the floor of the porch. "What is it?" I ask.

"I... I do not want you to worry about this fight tomorrow, Hayley. I know I thought about it myself, and the possibilities occurred to me." He pauses, his eyes meet mine when coming to a stand, now stood across from me. His eyes are fixated on mine.

"Do not worry about it. I will stand in the way if it comes to Rose targeting you," His lips part for a moment, before the words roll from his tongue. "for my brother." He proclaims, and I then know that Elijah just gave me his word.

Something in my gut shifts, and I feel that it's sympathy for Elijah's will. He's protecting me for Klaus.

My lips part but I don't what to say, if not to thank him, I don't know how.

But before I can respond with anything Elijah breaks into a small smile. "Get rest, Hayley." he says before walking back into the house. Well I don't know if I can now that you just implied you'd give your life to save me, and considering there's a deadly war approaching...

I run a hand through my hair, and make my way inside the Mikaelson house, and go upstairs to get sleep. There is a fight tomorrow, and I don't know how it will end.

~

The sweet air is thick. And I can't see anything - my gaze flicks across darkness, the serenity pitch black. Something buzzes in my ears, a ringing.

"You have a to wake up." A familiar voice pitches. "Wake up!" My heart feels as though it jumped from her words. I know that voice - smooth yet so sickening. It's her.

But how?

"You know what is yet to occur, hun." Her voice echoes in my head. Anger surges in me.

Her sickening giggle echoes in the darkness all around me.

How is she in my head?

"Give. Me. Your. Heart." She demands in her casual sing-song voice. I want to cringe, but I can't even feel my body. Only the anger, the refusal.

But my eyes jolt open. And I look around the bedroom, I guess I expect Rose to be standing in the room. There's no one. It had to be dream, that or she got inside my head.

I don't know how I didn't see it coming, from the power and strength I witnessed she had three nights ago, it's no surprise.

I plop back down onto my bed, and huff out a heavy breath. I really, really need rest.

I turn to glance at the clock on the bedside table; seeing that it's only 2:38 a.m.