Chapter 49

Hayley

My hand is intertwined with his. Klaus walks by my side in the desolate house while I look around at the unembellished walls.

"You know now that you're in my head, we could be anywhere you want to be..." He grins smugly when I look up at him. "Really?" I bite my lip in thought, feeling him watch me.

"Well, where do you want to go?" I ask him.

His hand squeezes in mine. "Anywhere you want to go, love. Wherever you go I go."

"Klaus, you've been in this abandoned house for too long, don't you think?" I ask him.

"Actually, this is the original Mikaelson home, quite frankly where the four of us troublesome siblings grew up. And yes, there was furniture here before." He concludes. "Anyway, I don't precisely have the best memories here." Something merely unrecognizable passes his face, and I realize that his expression is pained with distaste. "And I cannot escape to a better place unless someone's in my head to make it possible."

Without hesitation, I squeeze his strong hand reassuringly, and capture his full lips in a deep kiss. Our eyes are shut, before the both us flutter our eyes open and I already begin to feel the heat of the sun on my shoulders.

We stand outside, the breeze warm and perfect. The sound of crashing waves splash against the rocks. His gaze focuses on my own, then I watch him take in his surroundings. A wide smile spreads across his face, then his brows furrow. "A beach?"

I intertwine my fingers with his while we stand on the warm sand. "Out of all places?" He fails to hold back his grin and I nudge his arm.

"It's peaceful." I shrug. "And once, I had a dream... you were there. We were standing on some cliff watching the crashing waves hit against the rocks below us. This was close enough." I crack a smile.

"Well it's perfect." Klaus pulls me into him, capturing me in an irrevocable embrace.

I rest my head on his chest, and hear his heart beat - and I dream of nothing more but to hear the same in reality, outside of his mind. But this is enough- more than enough.

I hug Klaus in silence, cherishing the serenity.

Klaus breaks the silence, the only sound but the calming waves. "Do you think he would ever bring you back?"

I frown. "Kol? I don't know." I sigh against his toned chest. "I hope so."

"If he brought you for the first time there might be another. In the meantime," He gently releases the embrace to gaze into my hazel eyes. "I'll wait for you."

My smile is untamed. I rest my forehead against his own. It's quiet and peaceful for minutes as we stand there.

"As much as I hate to say it..." I whisper against him.

"Don't. Not yet, love. Just a few more seconds." He interjects, knowing the goodbye was approaching.

He breathes lightly, then I hear him chuckle. "I know I said this enough, but I love you." He places a firm hand on my neck and looks into my eyes with a serious tone. "And one day, I promise you, I'll make up for all our days separated. You'll be the happiest you've ever been." Klaus breaks into a smile, and it's contagious. "I will give you everything. And our child will grow to be a queen, or king." He winks.

I giggle when he captivates me into another affectionate kiss.

The kiss sends the usual affect Klaus has on me within my veins, and I don't want to stop. Seconds before we know it, the kiss becomes very heated. We part and gather our breaths. My eyes close as I try to control myself. I long for him.

"I love you. But I have to go..."

I keep my eyes shut, afraid that seeing his current expression will pain me. But I open my eyes anyway to see him.

I can't see his ocean colored eyes behind his closed eyelids while his forehead is once again resting on my own. His jaw clenches and a breath escapes his full lips. "I love you, too."

My stomach plummets, and I know that I have to go - considering no one at home knows of my whereabouts. And only God knows what they've probably already done to figure out.

I purse my lips and grab my stomach. I don't want to say goodbye, or leave his presence. My jaw clenches as I force the words to roll off my tongue; "Goodbye, Klaus."

His deep eyes flicker open to meet mine. And he doesn't say a word for moments, before giving a half nod to give understanding. Seeing that it pains him to say goodbye, results in an excruciating feeling. But I got to see him, for even longer than I expected.

Then, I close my eyes, and let go of his hands that were gently wrapped around my neck. There's something heavy in the air before I gasp - my hazel eyes jolting open, wide, as I jumped out of Klaus' head.

It is deadly silent as I stand still in Davina's study.

---

I want to hear from my #Klayley fans!!

Vote!! Much love,

xx