Chapter 22

Elijah's POV:

Day three of searching and we have not found Niklaus nor Davina and our youngest sibling Kol. When I looked into Kol's dark brown eyes before he had left, I wanted nothing more but for a change in him.
He had always been out of place, but so had Niklaus. The two were just as the same nearly, but had a distrusted rivalry between the two. Therefore the dark dagger soon included- causing tragedy in the family.

Now, with only time to desperately kill, Rebekah and I are walking the silent back roads of New Orleans.

"I'm checking on Hayley. She hasn't called in two days," My dear sister dials into her cell, pulling her phone up to her ear as she awaits.

As we continue pacing, I hear Rebekah begin speaking into the phone, assuming Hayley answered. I would decide eavesdropping, but if my sister is on the cell I must have an open ear: never knowing if we would hear anything that we should outside. By the form of a miracle, we would probably catch onto the sound of Kol's voice around, or maybe even the sliver of a heartbeat could belong to Davina.

She shoves the phone into her back pocket when the call ends.

"Is she okay?" I ask, my voice low and quiet.

"She's fine. She informed me that she can see Jackson trying to console her in a way. He's being careful. That's a good thing," she shrugs, sending a smile and I grin in return, glad that Jackson is taking care of her.

"And the baby? Still healthy?"

"Still healthy," she smiles genuinely. "I cannot wait Elijah,"

"For?" My brow furrows as she follows behind me.

"For the baby to arrive. I'm going to be an aunt! What if she's having twins... twice the love!"

My lips curve into a smile before I chuckle to myself. "Twins, huh. I don't see that happening." I conclude.

"You never know, Elijah." She points before I quickly hush her, hearing a heartbeat nearby.

We stop instantly in our tracks, hoping for the worst yet best: that this could be the heartbeat of Kol or Davina we hear.

Leaning quickly against a tall bush, I prepare to stop the person I hear approaching us.

Before I can glance at the person, I pace out to tackle whosoever the person may be.

Instantly I land on top of them.

"Camille?"

"Elijah," Her concerned voice states more than questioning as her eyebrows narrow.

"Who's Camille?" I hear my sister from behind me call out.

I jump onto my two feet to hurriedly help the familiar blonde girl up and unto her feet.

"Forgive me, Cammie. I did not know that you were... passing by." I apologize, watching her brows raise.

"So you decide to tackle me," Again she makes a statement than question.

I swallow, lost for words.

That is, when Rebekah's soft voice breaks in.

"Does somebody want to inform me what is bloody going on here? Elijah you still haven't answered my question."

Her arms fold firmly across her chest as she awaits and I sigh, wiping off the dirt from my suit.