Chapter 24

Kol's POV:

-2 hours after Kol and Davina's date (chapter 23)-

Letting the warm water pour on me, I stand beneath the shower head. Flickering my eyes down to the blood at my feet as water carries it away.

I shouldn't of done what I did. That woman did not deserve it but I lost it tonight. She was our waitress. When she came up, my eyes trailed down to her neck... she had a small vein barely noticeable. I tried to even excuse myself from the table- but that did nothing.

Now, she is probably at the ER, having family visit. Maybe she didn't even make it alive in time for the hospital.

I meant every word...

"I promise, Davina Claire."

Thinking back at it, a sharp breath escapes my lips.

The least thing I wanted was to hurt Davina Claire. I simply do not know how she does what she does: putting up with me, saving me piece by piece... making me feel the way she makes me feel.

She makes me feel alive again. But yet immortal all at once.

And I was not joking around when I made that side comment about spending an eternity with her. Allowing the water to rinse me off, I smirk at the thought.

Running my fingers throughout my dark brown hair, I huff out a breath before I wash my body off.

Turning off the facet, I grab the nearest towel. Stepping out to stand in front of the bathroom sink, I wipe the steam from off the mirror before beginning to brush my teeth.

I miss her. The girl is always on my bloody mind and it scares me. But I've lived long enough to know letting someone in so easily is simply giving them the ability to break you. But I'm too late. Davina Claire, I have already let in but I don't care. Either she breaks me or feel as though what I feel for her, I want passion.

I want her.

Having only a towel wrapped around my hips, I enter Davina's bedroom. As much as I fool around to tell her since we're sharing a room, it's practically ours -every time she rolls her eyes- but I do know that every inch if this apartment belongs to her. Gratefully, she had spare space for me to have belongings.

Scanning through my dresser, I find briefs and dark jeans to slip into. Looking for a clean shirt, I glance around the room considering there isn't any in the dresser. All I own is a few t-shirts alongside other clothing.

I do intend on going out sometime to get clothes. That is, whenever Davina Claire decides to trust me enough.

I can't say that it does not bother me- her lack of trust, but I can't as well say that she doesn't have her reasons.

At just the right timing, she walks in herself. My face probably lights up like a Christmas tree from the sight of her, but eventually straightening when I watch her groan once her green eyes land on me.

As usual, she has a stunning appearance. Watching her beautiful eyes trail down to my toned chest, she kicks her feet to the desk in the room across from me. So I decide to follow her.

Does she like what she sees? I grin at my inner thought, knowing that now's not the time.

Stepping once closer, I notice her backed up unto the desk. Am I doing this to her? I treasure the affect I have on her.