Chapter 48

Hayley

Tightening the embrace, I soothe my increased breathing. "Klaus." I breathe out. I feel his face dipping into my hair. I smile more genuine than I have in what seems to have been forever.

"How are you here?" His soothing voice is croaked. I squeeze my eyes shut to tame the water threatening to pour. I've never been so shaky. "Kol agreed to me seeing you." I whisper, my voice shaky. "Klaus..." I whisper, before his hands are planted on my shoulders and gently pulls away. His ocean eyes are still widened. "The baby...?"

I nod hurriedly, gazing into his frightened eyes. "The baby's OK." I assure him, placing my hands on my stomach. His broad shoulders relax and he rests his hands on my own. I watch his full lips curve into a smile and he pulls me in for another embrace.

~

I sit on Klaus' lap as he's on the hard floor. Somehow there's no furniture in this place, and there's no where we can go. After seconds of a pointless disagreement, I finally gave in and sat on Klaus' lap as he wanted me to - him knowing the floor is uncomfortable. I throw my head back onto his chest, feeling his steady breaths rise up and down; causing a smile to plaster on my face.

"I miss you, Klaus." I whisper.

His hands are on my stomach and my hands are resting on his. "Believe me, love, I miss you too." He says. "I haven't seen you in too long. I miss your voice, your lips, your scent, your body, everything." I practically hear him smiling at his words.

I press my face against his neck, and close my eyes. Planting a kiss on his neck, I hear him exhale an eased breath.

"I love you, Klaus." I say as my body is pressed against his warmth.

"I loved you for a very long time, Hayley. I intend on that lasting forever."

I smile, and feel his fingers tuck a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"How is it there, at home? I see that Elijah and Rebekah aren't with you..." Klaus wonders. I look up to meet his gaze.

"Things are alright. But they don't know I came with Davina and Kol, they have no idea I came to finally see you." I answer. I didn't include the reality of a psychotic woman demanding for my heart. Worrying Klaus is the least thing I want to do.

"And they just agreed to bring you here?" I watch Klaus' brows furrow in confusion. "Surprisingly, yes. Part of me thinks that they feel guilty for what they did." I whisper. "And Klaus, before you give me the idea of ejecting the dagger from your chest, trust me, I already thought about it. And I can't." At this point I can only hope that Klaus doesn't feel a stab of betrayal. The last thing Davina told me was that she'll be outside of the room with Kol, making it unimaginably easy for me to wake Klaus and go. But I can't. "I gave her my word of not waking you. But I really, really wish I could."

With his strength he turns me gently to face him, and he cups my face in his hands. "Don't you for a second think that you've failed me, Hayley." He states huskily. "Ever."

Glancing into either of his eyes, I long for him. I pull him into a passionate kiss as my lips move against his. And I want nothing but to stay here with him forever.

I part my lips from his to gain a breath. And my eyes flicker up to meet his. "I don't know how long I have here, Klaus."

His chest raises rapidly, my body moves along with his as I'm pressed close against him. "I know, love." He grins. "In that case let me tell you now. From the moment I fell for you I have felt everything for you. Every moment, every touch, every word, I meant it." His ocean colored irises gaze deep into mine. "Don't ever let go of that, Hayley Marshall." His tone and expression serious.

I stand on my own two feet and glance down at Klaus. Reaching out a hand, he grasps my hand and I pull, helping him up from the hard floor. His tall frame now hovers over me, and I feel his warm breath on me, causing electricity to course through my spine. Taking my hand, I caress his cheek. I admire his handsome features - and try to hold on to this very precious moment.

"I love you, Klaus. And I can say it a thousand more times if you needed to hear it..." I break into a genuine smile, his face close to mine. He grins, knowing instantly of my choice of words that I have stated before.

Klaus Mikaelson beams a smile, his dimples forming, and pulls my body against his. His lips press against mine.