십삼

FEAR IS ONLY AS DEEP AS THE MIND ALLOWS

-japanese proverb -

☁️

"I have nothing to say to you." I scoffed, feeling my blood boil as he sat down at the edge of my bed. I knew I was being stubborn but I couldn't help it, maybe if he apologized before then I would have reacted differently but he is just as stubborn as me. "Just listen to me, I'm trying to be nice here." He raised his voice a little, anger beginning to drip out of his words. "Yeah, that's the fucking point." I turned on my PC, trying my best to ignore his presence.

The atmosphere felt uncomfortable to the point where I glanced over my shoulder to see if he was still upset. We made immediate eye contact and I snapped my head forward, trying to calm my heart rate without causing attention to myself. "Why do you hate me?" He suddenly asked, his voice softened a little bit. I chuckled at his response, spinning around in my chair to face him.

"You really want to ask me that? I should be asking you that!" I rolled my eyes and stared out the window next to him. "You've been a huge asshole to me for no reason. If it was because of the hair thing, I said I was sorry. I even gave you an ice pack for crying out loud!" I crossed my arms and huffed, glancing at his face for any reaction. He just stared at me with no emotions, well, that's what it seemed like to me.

"Now all of a sudden you want to be nice, sleep in my bed as if we are besties or something. I-I just... I don't understand you!" I spun back around, becoming more irritated once I let my emotions pour out. "You're so confusing," I mumbled under my breath, opening up YouTube and looking for a good video to watch once he leaves. "If you're not going to say anything then leave."

After a few moments of silence, I heard my bed creak and a soft sigh. As I was about to glance over my shoulder, he spun the chair around so I faced him. He gripped both arms of my chair and leaned close to my face, anger yet remorse swam in his chocolate brown eyes. "I know you're upset at me but that's no way for you to speak to your elder. Can't you see I'm trying to apologize for what I did?" He looked back and forth from my right to my left eye. I felt uncomfortable with how close his face was to mine but I couldn't move due to his tight grip on my seat.

I looked down at my lap and twirled my fingers together. "Jaewoo, I'm sorry. I didn't like the idea of you coming into our group so unexpectedly but Namjoon told me to give you a chance. When I saw you're V-Live with Jimin and when I read the comments... I-I just. Hearing you come home and cry, it's painful to watch." He left out a small sigh, his hot breath pushed a few of my hairs back and a faint scent of strawberries filled my nose. "Let's try to be friends Yeah?" He stood back up, shoving his hands into the pockets of his sweatpants.

"Pft, yeah okay." I tried to act like his apology was no big deal but I couldn't stop the small smile from spreading across my lips. Listening to him feel sorry was a good feeling because lord knows I wouldn't have had the guts to do that. I sneaked a glance at him, seeing as he was staring at everything other than me. I noticed a faint tint of red coated his cheeks when we made eye contact.

"So- uh..." I scratched the back of my neck, not knowing what to do. "You should.." I pointed at the door and he nodded his head. "Yeah! Hahaha! Yeah uh, the door. Yeah, I'll just." He also pointed at the door, laughing awkwardly as he left. I could tell he was mentally face-palming. When the door closed I let out long exhale, it felt like I was holding in my breathe the entire time. I slowly turned to face the computer and continued to look through the shows for the rest of the evening.

🌱

It's been a while since we've all sat together at the dining room table. Jin made us a surprise meal which was a Chinese hotpot.

"Namjoon-Hyung, can you please pass the lettuces?" I asked, smiling as he passed the small basket like dish towards me. I thanked him and took a few, picking some vegetables from the mild side and dunking a piece of meat into the spicy side. I waited a few minutes before taking it back out and placing it in the middle of the veggies, folding the greenish leaf into a ball and shoving it into my mouth.

I couldn't stop a satisfied 'moan' from escaping my mouth. I felt my cheeks heat up as everyone stared at me and laughed. "Hey stop bullying! You can't judge me, it's too good." I pouted, doing the same thing before stuffing my mouth with the delicious ball of flavours again. "Yeah Jaewoo is right, Jin-Hyung did an amazing job!" Hoseok smiled, picking out his meat from the mild side. "Why thank you." Jin stood up and bowed, obviously loving the compliments way too much.

I glanced to my left to see Taehyung, who was sitting next to me, trying the spicy side for the first time. His reaction caused me to laugh and glance to my right, seeing as Jimin wasn't even trying to touch the spiciness. Straight across from me sat Jungkook, who kept glancing at me the entire meal. I could tell he was trying to be discreet about it but was making it too obvious at the same time.

I gently kicked his leg from under the table when I caught him staring. He looked up at me and I raised my eyebrows at him, signaling him to chill. His cheeks began to heat up either from the hot food that he was eating or embarrassment from being caught by me. Either way, he stopped.

Once we were done, Jin ordered Yoongi and Namjoon to help clean up. Of course, he switched him with Hoseok when Namjoon kept dropping things. I hopped in the shower and washed my face once I was done. "Fuck" I mumbled, realizing I forgot to bring my clothes into the bathroom.

I wrapped a dark grey towel around my waist and slowly opened the door, trying to make a run for my room. Of course, I bumped into someone, knowing my luck it was probably Jungkook. But, to my surprise it was Taehyung. I looked up to see him giving me a weird glance.

"What are you doing naked?" He asked. My eyes widened in horror when I went to feel my waist, panic struck me when I looked down to see my towel fell. He must have caught on because he tried to block the hallway so no one can see me. "Move." Jungkook's voice ordered Tae, but he didn't budge. "What are you two doing?" He asked, trying to peer over his friend. I picked up the towel and covered my junk, my heart felt as if it was going to explode.

"N-Nothing to see here!" Tae yelled, wrapping his arms around me, trying to cover me up the best he can. I wrapped the towel tightly around my waist once again, hiding my face into Taehyung's chest. "Why are you hugging him naked?" He asked, causing me to freak out once again from his choice of words. "Don't worry, you're not naked again," Tae mumbled. "AGAIN?" Jungkook screeched walking closer to us. "N-Not like that!" I yelled in horror. "I left my clothes in my room a-and my towel fell in front of Tae.." I got out of Taehyung's grip and quickly went into my room, closing the door and letting out a heavy sigh. I can't believe Tae saw me butt naked. How embarrassing.

I got dressed into my Ryan pajamas and laid on my bed. I heard my phone go off and went to grab it off my desk, seeing as it was a text from the devil himself. 'I won't tell anyone about your pipi if you don't tell anyone about that one time.........'

I chuckled at the text and at the thought of him that one morning. I replied with a 'deal.' And closed my phone, adjusting my pillows as I began to get ready for bed. I closed my windows and turned off my light before climbing into my queen sized bed, crawling under the covers and smiling to myself at how comfortable I was. Before I knew it I was already fast asleep, thinking about our performance that was in 2 weeks, well, 12 days to be exact.

☁️

A/N•
Oof I changed up the "theme" or layout and I think it's more aesthetically pleasing😌