"Mr.Yoon, what a pleasure it is to meet you." The older man said. He looked to be in his late 30's so I was assuming he was their boss or something. We thanked him and I looked around the room. I recognized their faces, and they didn't seem to be so happy to be here. One of the boys especially looked to be sleeping? I stared at my shoes, listening to the managers talk about nonsense that I didn't really care for.

"I think it would be a great investment, a new face. He's done solo so I think it would be a great choice to add him to a group." CJ said, handing the man a vanilla envelope.

"But why here? These boys debuted in 2013, it's 2019 now. Why didn't you try JYP or SM? You know, the bigger companies. He can easily be added to one of the NCT Units."

"Listen Mr.Si-Hyuk, I know what I'm asking for is quite absurd but hear me out. I know your boys have been through a lot together and grew closer as a group, but I think it would be a great idea to add a new face for more publicity! There will be news articles, interviews, lots of talk about it!"

"I don't know.. It's just, all of a sudden." He glanced at me, studying my features for a few seconds before resting his chin in his hand. "I want to see him in action, I want to hear what he is capable of."

I heard a small victory 'Yes' come from CJ as he quickly pulled out his phone. "No, I meant live action." Si-Hyuk interrupted. "Can he sing and dance right now?"

Everyone looked to me and I could feel my face heat up. "I don't think this is an appropriate space for that kind of activity." I sheeply said. He gave me a nod in understanding before I continued, "I-I don't mind performing in front of you, I just think.. with the tight space and all.." He raised his hand up, signaling me to quiet down. "Let me see the videos, are they performance or practice videos?"

"Both, if you'd like." CJ interrupted, pulling out his phone and scooting closer to the Manager.

🌱

"Wow, I must say. I'm very impressed with your song choices Mr.Park."
I thanked him, feeling my cheeks burning up at the compliments.

"I like him, he starts tomorrow."

There was a long moment of silence. Check and I kept looking back and forth in shock and excitement as he thanked Si-Hyuk over and over again. I glanced at the boys and noticed a few of them gave me a big smile and thumbs up. I truly didn't know how to feel right now so I sat in silence until we left.

"Let's celebrate at Jin's Restaurant." He smiled while unlocking his car doors. "Whose Jin?" I replied, climbing into his white Kia. "He's one of the boys you saw, he's the eldest." He stopped for a second so he could start the car, "He's the one who kept blowing you kisses and giving you thumbs up." He added, causing me to chuckle a bit.

On our car ride there, I asked why he put me in that group. He didn't really give me a full answer other than 'You deserve it'. I guess all I have to do now is pray they like me, and work hard.