Pet Interview: Luna, Luca & Bear - PART TWO

🎆 Happy New Year! 🎆

🎉 Have an amazing 2019! 🎊

-----

Me: Welcome back, you three!

*each animal takes the same spot as on the previous interview; Bear and Luna lie on the couch and Luca sits on the back of the couch*

Luna: Hello!

Bear: Hi!

Luca: Weren't we supposed to meet on Monday?

Me: Well, yeah, but I was sick - I'm still recovering actually - so we meet now instead.

Luna: Is that why you have a scarf around your neck even though we are indoors?

Me: Yeah, but let's move...

Luca: I suppose that's also why the room feels like a sauna.

Me: I'm cold, okay? *wraps blanket tighter around herself*

Bear: You poor human! Want me to sit on your feet to warm them up?

Me: Thank you, that won't be necessary. But let's move on, shall we? There are a few reader questions you have to answer and a couple of things I'd like to ask you as well.

*both dogs wag their tails happily while Luca yawns*

Me: Alright then. Let's start with our lady again: Luna, CHLOERedWolf asks if you are intimidated by the werewolves who live in your neighborhood.

Luna: Not at all! The Silver Bullets pack is a very kind one. They are all like one big family. Well, maybe except for Jasper Owens. He's kind of a jerk. But everyone else is so nice. The kids and teens love to play with me and enjoy babysitting me if Rhys and Riley need a bit of time on their own. I know those two love me, but they are married and they need their private moments.

Me: Speaking of Rhys and Riley: what about their plans of adopting? Do they care about age, gender or species?

Luna: They both want a big family with boys and girls, but don't care about the children's ages. As for species: that's a bit of a complicated matter.

Me: How so?

Luna: Adopting a human child who isn't a baby would mean that they'd take that child out of the ordinary world and introduce it to the supernatural one. Even though the Silver Bullets pack is close-knit, the kid might feel isolated because he or she is the only human living on pack grounds, apart from Riley and Callum and they are both adults. While the other children will shift and run into the woods in their wolf forms, this child won't be able to do that.

Bear: *whining* That's so sad!

Luna: Adopting a shifter also has its issues. Wolf shifters usually live in a close-knit pack. If Rhys and Riley adopt an orphaned wolf shifter from another pack, they'd be taking the child away from its community; if they adopt a shifter from their own pack, it would mean that the Bullets had lost one or even two of their members and the joy of the adoption would be mixed with the sorrow from their loss.

Bear: Can't they adopt another type of shifter?

Luna: They could. Not all shifters are as close to each other as the werewolves. Feline shifters are less likely to live in big communities so if the parents die, their child would most likely be on their own. In that case, the social workers' division of the Sentinel Order would look for shifter parents to take in the child, but they'd usually go for the same type of shifter as the child. It has to do with the kid being more comfortable around his or her own kind.