Mini Interview with Alec

Note: In this extra, I'm interviewing Alec who answers questions from my readers. This was originally posted on my blog, but I made a couple of minor alterations so it will be up to date.

Me *sitting on a couch with my arms crossed over my chest and tapping my foot against the floor*: You are late

*Alec leans against the doorframe*

Alec: Be grateful I showed up at all.

Me: You are my character. You are supposed to do what I want you to.

*He tilts his head to the side*

Alec: Doesn't always work that way, does it?

*I sigh*

Me: Just sit down.

Alec: No need. I don't plan on sticking around for long.

Me: But...

Alec: So you better ask your questions.

Me: But...

Alec: Now will be a good time. You know I'm not the patient type.

*I look down at my notes*

Me: The questions are about your family...

*I look up at him; his lips are set in a hard line*

Me *muttering*: I am your creator so you should answer me...

Alec: Whatever. *He shrugs* Just ask.

Me: Okay. @Wonder_Ghost wonders if you had a chance to go back in time, what would you change and if you had a chance, would you ran away with your dad? Not to live in the shifters' community, but somewhere far?

Alec: I've never liked dogs. That's why I have Luca.

Me: Actually, that cat walked in through your window and made himself at home. I think he decided he'd live with you before you thought of that. But I digress. Give us a longer answer.

Alec: He's boring as Hell. Why would I run away with him?

Me *cough and looks down, shuffling my notes*: Some readers seem to think that you feel abandoned by Everett and that you are purposefully trying to distance yourself from him to punish him for leaving you to be raised by your mother and her family.

Alec *pretending to be bored*: He did abandon me.

Me: He was underage, you are illegitimate and the judge decided that your mother should get custody. Everett visited you whenever the court allowed him.

Alec: So you pointed out in We are the Answer.

Me: So you don't appreciate the efforts he made to see you as often as he could?

Alec: I don't believe in giving out an A for effort. You either succeed or you don't. Everett's obviously a loser. Again: why would I want to be with him?

Me: If he is such a looser, why do you visit him in You are the Answer and We are the Answer?

*A slow grin spreads on his face*

Alec: I only did so because I was bored. Visiting the Silver Bullets always puts the whole pack on edge. That's fun for me.

Me: And what about your vampire kin? How was life with them? And please give more than a one-word answer. It's a question @phoebeliciou asked and you know she's a huge fan of yours.

Alec: They have power and money, and connections. They taught me not to compromise and to always get my way.

Me: You mean, to be a total jack-ass, not care for anyone's feelings and to step on others?

Alec: If that's what it takes. You are either on top or at the bottom. I'm always high, high on top.

*His grin turns wicked*

Alec: Well, maybe not always. I do like to switch things up in bed.

Me *licking my dry lips*: So... You were happy with the Maksimoffs?

Alec: Happy? When did I say such a thing? All I said was that they were useful. Manipulative, scheming, abusive, backstabbing, but useful.

Me: And to think I'll have to write about them in your book...

Alec: Yeah, you should get on with that.

Me: It's my current work-in-progress.

Alec: Mhmm...

*He pushes himself off the doorframe and turns his back to me*

Me: Where are you going?

Alec: I'm getting bored so I'm leaving. I'm thinking about Deviant. There's always someone to hook up with in that club. And then I'll go for an ice cream or a milkshake.

Me: Why did I make you such an annoying brat?

Alec: You felt like it.

*He turns around long enough to give me a grin*

Alec: And now you have to live with the bastard that I am. In more than one sense of that word.

*Alec leaves while I sit still on the couch, gapping at where he used to be*

So, yeah... I created Alec, but even I can't control him.

Do you think anyone will ever manage that?

If so, who?

And what did you think of the mini interview?

Please support it with a VOTE if you enjoyed it!

As always: if you have ideas/requests for future extras, leave them in the comments.

I hope you have a great time wattpadding!