Sixteen Facts about Alec

Here are sixteen facts about Alec. Let's see how many of them you already knew!

Note: This was originally posted on my blog in 2016 and I've made a couple of slight alterations so it will be up to date.

1. Alec is half-wolf shifter, half-Dayer (a vampire subspecies).

2. Alec's cousin Vika is the only person Alec openly shows affection to at the beginning of the series.

3. The two of them are the only halves in a family of pureblood vampires and both of them were conceived because their grandfather wanted to see whether adding non-vampire genes to the family is going to strengthen the bloodline. For that reason, he ordered his daughter Anastasiya to seduce the wolf shifter Everett (who had the potential of becoming the next Silver Bullets Alpha) and his daughter Ekaterina to seduce a human Sentinel. The first couple produced Alec and the second - Vika.

4. Alec hates Pop Rocks. Not because of the taste, but because they are too loud for his vampire/shifter hearing when they pop into his mouth.

5. Alec loves sweets, especially ice cream and milkshakes. Favorite flavors include vanilla, honey and banana, often topped with nuts such as caramelized almonds.

6. Alec's pet Luca - a Russian Blue cat - shares his owner's love for vanilla ice cream.

7. Alec likes Luca because he can't always tell what the animal is thinking. He finds this entertaining.

8. Alec can't swim and doesn't want to learn how to even though he has a pool in his penthouse.

9. He owns a piano and a violin and can play both, but prefers the piano.

10. He doesn't show a preference to any genre and sleeps with both females and males, using sex as means of entertainment or achieving a goal.

11. That goal is often to drink his partner's blood. Not only when he's hungry, but because he enjoys the reactions he gets, the other person's nervous excitement or even a dose of fear.

12. Most of Alec's money comes from him modelling for fashion magazines and artists.

13. Some of the people he's slept with have tried to keep him by their side by buying him presents, taking him out to expensive restaurants or going on exotic vacations with him. Sometimes they give him money so he can buy things for himself. Alec has no moral qualms about taking advantage of that, but he never hooks up because of the money; he just views it as a bonus.

14. The penthouse Alec lives in is a present from an artist he poses for and who is Alec's on and off sex partner.

15. When I created Alec, I just wanted him to be a jerk. It wasn't until about mid-2016 that I decided to show why he might be acting like one. Even so, he'd already become one of my readers' favorite characters right from the first chapter of You are the Answer. It still puzzles me as to why, since for a book and a half he had no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

16. I like writing about Alec. I like writing scenes with Alec. I still know a lot less about him than I do about most of my other characters, but I'm slowly learning.

➥ Alec's story - Sweeter than Sweets, is coming to Wattpad on April 15, 2018. It's the third book in the Dogs, Bats & Monkeys universe, but it can be read as a standalone.

 It's the third book in the Dogs, Bats & Monkeys universe, but it can be read as a standalone

Which was your favorite Alec fact?

Which one of these surprised you the most?

If you enjoyed this extra, please give it a VOTE!

As always: if you have ideas/requests for future extras, leave them in the comments!

I hope you have a great time wattpadding!