⌜ seventeen ⌟

he was told to wait outside, not that he wanted to.

he wanted to go and hold jungwoo's hand, mumble comforting words to the older because the moment they got here, jungwoo was a mess. he cried, he was screaming and all lucas could do was say that everything is going to be fine when he knows it's not. but anyways, he took this chance to secretly pay for jungwoo's hospital bills, for the check up, because he knows how stubborn the older can be. he doesn't want lucas to help him because he's the older one and he should be the one helping lucas.

the moment he went back to the floor where jungwoo's room was at, the doctor finally got out of the room and gave lucas a small smile.

is he fine?❞ that was the first thing that lucas asked.

how about you go inside and ask your...❞ the doctor stopped her sentence when she doesn't know what label to use. she doesn't know what lucas and jungwoo are, they probably are just friends and lucas is here for the the support for jungwoo.

my bestfriend.❞ lucas smiled, rubbing his nape. ❝he's my bestfriend.

the doctor giggled and then patted the tall male's shoulder, ❝okay then. you may now go and inside and talk to him.

lucas then took a bow of gratitude to the doctor before slowly opening the door to jungwoo's hospital room and closing it silently. trying not to disturb the older who's staring outside the window but seems like he failed since jungwoo turned to to him the moment he took a step inside.

how are you feeling?❞ lucad said, his voice soft as ever. he never wanted to scare jungwoo ever again because this boy right here, seems like he's not all tough anymore.

i'm fine.

not totally believing it, lucas raised a brow. ❝are you sure? because the last time you said that, you weren't fine.

then jungwoo started to giggle. lucas wasn't expecting that but nevertheless, he missed the sound of his giggle. he missed how his giggle could make him smile as if the sky is clear, the works his father is giving him is easy, and as if nothing happened between them. all the good comes when he giggles.

you okay there lucas?❞ jungwoo waved his hand in front of the tall male's face, ❝you're spacing out.

i just..❞ the younger looked up and saw how beautiful jungwoo looked. despite of his face looking slimmer, probably because of all the vomiting, and dark circles under his eyes, he still managed to look so beautiful.

how is that even possible?

you're spacing out again.❞ jungwoo pouted as he crossed his arms, ❝it seems like you need a check up also.