Once Upon A Time

Allison Ivory Perez

8 years ago...

"Di ka pa natutulog? It's very late, you're having too much fun" Mother said as she looked at me and started to clean up my room...

"But Mom! Me and Cherry were playing princess, I still want to play" I pleaded and made pretty eyes while she was looking at me...

Mom looked at Cherry, so did I. The crown that was on her head slowly slipped making her look like a drunk teddy bear with a crown in her head. I laughed at it and so did mom. The next thing I knew she was giving me choices...

"Ok. Well you can stay up all night and play, or I'll tell you a story and go to bed" I smiled widely and hurriedly slid myself into my blanket and made my self comfortable...

"Well, what story do you want?" She chuckled at me and sat by my side. I hugged Cherry tight as I could...

"Yung favorite ko please?" Once again she chuckled at what I started to act. She knew I loved stories so much.

"Haha ok." She smiled and started to act like she was trying to remember it. "Once upon a time, there was this kingdom where the best people lived, the best Kings and Queens ruled, the best houses, castles, and house-of-old were made, The Kingdom Of Gardiena..."

Every night she would tell me this story. It was the only way for making me sleep right away. But there was this one question that really made me confuse...

"Mom, is it true?" I asked when she ended the story. She smiled at me and kissed my forehead...

"Well, I don't know. Maybe" She smiled as she was still thinking if it is true. "It doesn't matter if it's true honey, 'cause for me? Oo totoo siya. Totoong may Princess Ivory III, na may totoong prince charming na mag liligtas sayo, na may isang magarang palasyo ang ipag mamay ari mo. It depends on you"

"Well I don't believe it, it's impossible. Fairytales lang yan right?" I asked while crossing my arms, my mom chuckled at what I said. "You know, every story has another story behind it, and of course you have your own story that people won't believe in. Some stories are based on true life and some are just in our imagination"

Napaisip ako sa sinabi ni Mommy, but still, I was really confused. She noticed the look on my face so she laughed....

"When you're older you'll get it. But for now, sleep. It's another tiring day tomorrow" Once again she kissed my forehead before turning the lights off and saying, "Good Night Ivory" and closed the door shut...

Fairytales... Do they really exist?....

Well...

To what I experienced...

Yes...

~*~

Thank you for everybody who will read this story and enjoy every one inside of this little book. I am thankful to you (yes, you! who's reading this) for loving my piece.

And for those who haven't read this, welcome to the kingdom of Gardiena, prepare yourself for the journey of a lifetime. I am your Captain, Captain Ami, and I am here to take you to an adventure to a far away kingdom. Get your heart ready my loves, to a roller coaster of events in the kingdom of Gardiena!

~*~

This is just a work of fiction. Dates, names, characters, places, or persons living or dead is completely coincidental. Please don't make hard copies and sell without the author's permission. And please Plagiarism is a crime. If we have the same title, same plot, same everything well, honey that's plagiarism. Some words, terms, and etc, may disturb you from reading, if you feel uncomfortable reading then don't read it. There may also be some typographical and grammatical errors and mistakes. Well, I'm sorry but I'm not a professional author. And I'm not a perfect person, I'm just a ordinary human.

All rights reserved @ 2019 Gorgeously_Fighting

Date started: Jan 3, 2019
Date finished: July 3, 2022

(Did it take me 3 years of procrastination to finish this story? Yes, yes it did.)