Chapter 27

Prince Sebastian Mazayla The Third

Ivory waved us goodbye as we head out to Octavia. We arrived at the dock and Ethan started preparing some things.

"We will need a lot of food for this voyage, so let's go buy some first." He instructed, I nodded. He was a little bit happier than he is. He smiled at the store owners, we bought some fruits and veggies. We can't buy a lot of meat since Ethan thought that it may get bad before we can even get there since it is a day of sailing, and we don't have anywhere to place it. 

We can't buy fish too because of the algae bloom, Ethan said that it is quite risky. Tumatango na lang ako kahit may ilan akong hindi maintindihan. The thought of Ivory was messing me around, making my heartbeat. 

"I'm sure King Rilen can get us some of the cure from their local stores," Ethan stated and placed the box of fruits down on the dock of the ship. 

 The kingdom of Octavia is filled to the brim with medicines and health products. It's impossible that they don't have it. Gardiena is filled with food, and their famous works are houses and furniture. While Mazayla is filled with pastries and flowers, our specialties are seafoods and sea products like pearls.

Ethan untied the ropes from the dock. As I was waiting for him, he looked at the edge of the ship. He pulled out some knives that came from the Monaeca island incident. He gave it to me and came up. His ship has a very hard type of wood. It was made here in Gardiena, so his ship is really strong compared to some. 

"Look at this." He held the knives and showed the handle part of it. 

"This isn't like ours, this is carbon steel blades." He stated, I looked at it. I was confused and tilted my head. "So?" He rolled his eyes before throwing it at a barrel. It broke. "Point proven." I simply said and pulled it out. 

"This type of blades stay sharper the longest, compared to normal knives." He stated and examined it further. 

"X." Kumunot noo niya. "X marks the spot?" I joked, but it looks like he got an idea instead of getting the joke.

"X marks the spot." He repeated, he was thinking about it really deeply. "I was joking." I stated and laughed about it. He shook his head slowly.

"No, Seb, what if X marks the spot?" He repeated, I looked at him confused. "Are you drunk?" I asked, binatukan naman ako.

"Dimwit." He whispered before going to his office. His office was quite, it had a table and lots of maps and treasures. He earned it, didn't steal it. 

"Nevermind. Let's set sail." He simply said before placing the knives down in his drawer, then getting the map for Octavia and his golden compass. 

"Let's go, lad." He said and walked out of the office, I followed him. 

I hoisted the sails, and he steered the ship west. We started to move. I stood at the back and looked over Gardiena, and the castle. "I hope she'll be fine." Ethan placed his hand on my shoulders and said "She'll be." 

He comforted me but I still felt a little bit off. I couldn't stop thinking about her, and my father. I shrugged the feeling off and focused on the sail. I climbed the crow's nest and looked all over the sea. Using my spyglass I looked over the islands we were passing through. None of them seemed to have an algae bloom. 

After a few hours of ocean and islands, I finally saw the kingdom of Angria. It was one of the most busiest kingdoms. We were supposed to stop there to ship some stuff from Gardiena, so we had to stop for a few hours. We were halfway through our journey. 

"Land ho!" I shouted, Ethan, nodded and looked through his spyglass. I climbed down and got ready for landing. 

When we arrived Ethan checked the place, and unloaded the ship. Most of these were furniture, which was transported from Gardiena. Since they were famous for tea and clothes, this kingdom was mostly full of shops and cafes. The place was crowded with ladies, and they kept on winking at me. 

"They like you," Ethan whispered, kumunot noo ko. "I have a fiancee at home, I don't think she'll be very pleased with me flirting with over ladies," I whispered and he rolled his eyes. 

Ethan wasn't a ladies' man, he liked action more than romance. He walked past them, and he helped with unloading the ship. As I roamed around I bumped into someone. "Hey watch where you're going," The maiden said.

I looked at her and noticed she was quite familiar. She looked back at me and her face lit up. "Prince Sebastian!" I tilted my head as I remember who she was. Her face turned from being delightful to being annoyed. 

"Princess Lorea of Angria. We were classmates when we were 12 years old." When I remembered I looked at her and smirked. "Why do you still look like a 12 year old?" I asked, she punched my arm and rolled her eyes.

"You're still a bully, where's Ethan?" She asked, I pointed at Ethan who is looking at his bracelet. His eyes slowly widened. He ran to me and stopped to breathe. "Hey what's wrong?" I asked as he went closer to me.

"It's an emergency." He responded, he started pulling me towards the ship. Kumunot noo ko at tumingin kay Lorea.

"Uhm, see you!" I could only say, Ethan started giving orders to hurry up so we can leave. I looked at him confused, he looked so troubled.

"What's going on?" I asked and calmed him down, he started to pace back and forth. "Ivory's in trouble." He simply said. One crewmate yelled that they were finished.

"Hoist the sails! We're going back!" He stated, that even though we were all clueless, we hurried up and started to sail back. I went closer to him and comforted him. He was so stressed. He went to sit on the stairs as the first mate started to steer the wheel.

"Calm down, it's just probably just a hunch," I said, he sighed and stood up, he paced back and forth throughout the journey.

The wind was on our side now, so we went faster than we did before. Ethan went to his office and said he needs some time to think. I felt something was wrong so I went and helped with the crew. We reached Gardiena after a few hours, and Ethan finally went out of his office.

He is mysterious as hell, I thought to myself. He immediately went down the ship, and ride his horse as fast as he can. He dropped his compass, and I picked it up. I sighed and rode my horse back to the castle too. 

As soon as we arrive he went to Ivory's room. I followed him. He dropped his bag when he opened the door. I tilted my head and went closer to him. "Why.." 

I peeked through the door beside him. I felt breathless. The window was broken and shattered, the bed sheet had blood, and some books and jewelry were on the floor. The carpet had blood. I looked at Ethan who ran towards April's room, I ran after him. April's room was empty, so we went to the clinic. 

And there she was. She was beside dad, and April was with her. They were asleep because it was already night. Ethan ran to her and held her hand, she had multiple bruises all over her body, and her cheek was red as blood. I walked over to them and Ethan went to ask the doctor.

"I'm sorry my love I wasn't there to protect you. Ethan said you were in trouble so we rushed and turned back. We were halfway to Octavia then he said it was an emergency." I held her cheeks, she held my hand back. I saw that she even had bruises on her hands. 

Everybody was panicking around us. The doctor said that she broke her ribs, and April was trying to shut Ethan up. Because of the adrenaline rush, and all the panic tears started to flow. It hurts me to see the love of my life in bed with multiple bruises. I was the one who was supposed to protect her, but I left her here by herself.

 I looked over at Ivory and I saw her smile at me. She places her hands on my cheek to wipe my tears, before whispering. 

"I'll be okay."