And They Lived Happily Ever after

Allison Ivory Perez

"Tita I had a weird dream, it was a kingdom called Gardiena, it was so perfect. I don't know why I left there but it felt so perfect." I smiled and sat by her.

"Hmm, weird dream must've been the movie we watched. Oh hey, want to go to the library with me today?" I looked at her and groaned.

"I have to study," I said, she rolled her eyes and told me to get ready.

It was early in the morning. I was assigned to check, and tidy up the library. I sighed and got to it. After a few chit-chats with tita, we ate some burgers and got back to work.

It was the least I can do for my tita who has been raising me since my parents died from a fire.

As I head up to the second floor I saw a weird book. A big book with golden roses around it. It had a lock. I looked at the key pendant my mother gave me before passing away.

"Okay, not weird at all," Then it hit me, deja vu. It felt like all of this happened before. I shrugged off the feeling and continued my work.

I didn't even try to open the book, it wasn't mine so it was obviously not connected to my life. I got down to the first floor to rearrange some books. Nakasalubong ko si tita at napatingin siya sa kamay ko.

"Oh hey! I like your ring," Saad ni Tita bago ako tulungan sa pag bubuhat ng mga libro.

"Nakita ko lang to, napulot lang." I said and smiled, I looked at my ring. It's so pretty, it had pearls.

As I was tidying up, I felt an unknown sadness. Emptiness. I guess I was just hungry, but no, I was feeling sad for someone.

"Weird," I whispered to myself. I never felt emptiness like this, it felt like I was missing a person I never knew.

As I was remembering some people I think I miss, my phone alerted me. It's from a company in Ireland! One of the companies I applied for.

"Tita they want me to go to Ireland after my graduation! I can finally have my dream job!" I yelled, she ran to me and I showed her the notification.

"No way, no way!" She screamed and we both jumped up and down because of excitement.

Despite the happiness and excitement I felt, my heart wasn't really happy. It was hurting.

I took my final exams and got to graduate. The company I applied for paid for my necessities for me to fly to Ireland.

I expected to cry since I was a crybaby, pero hindi. Strange. I shrugged it off and just kept a smile on my face.

Since the dream I felt empty, I felt like my life isn't right. I felt like something was wrong all the time. I graduated after a few months and finally got on a plane to Ireland. The dream I had? I actually forgot about it.

Dreams fade away so after some time I forgot the name, the people, everything, except for the place. It was too perfect to forget.

I saw old structures, familiar, but new. After the towns, we started to see castles. I was starting to get curious since I felt excited once I saw those castles.

I don't believe in fairytales, or happy endings, life doesn't always end on a happy note. After a few days of exploring my work, my boss finally let me go and roam.

"I recommend visiting the museums, it's actually quite unique," He recommended, I nodded and waved goodbye.

I went to the nearest museum. I felt safe as soon as I entered the place. It was a museum in a castle. It was big and unique.