"Argh!" I groaned.

I drank some water and suddenly, a new force surged through me. I ran with unknown vigor and tackled the ball from a girl and threw it at the hoop. The basketball cleanly fell through it and I grinned. Water always seemed to enforce a new energy in me. Weird...

"WHOOPPPPP!!!!!" the crowd yelled in happiness.

Two points went up for the Goode Gorgons and now the scoreboard read:
VISITORS: 14 baskets
HOME: 12 baskets

"YES!" I exclaimed.
Only three more left to go!

4 MINUTES LEFT TO GO.

I dribbled the ball and flung it.

ONE MORE POINT FOR GOODE GORGONS! The commentator's voice echoed over the auditorium.

A girl tried to tackle the ball away from me but I didn't budge. I tossed it to my buddy, Frank, and he hurled it to the hoop and scored another basket.

VISITORS: 14 baskets
HOME: 14 baskets

Our team echoed yells of joy. The cheerleaders at the back waved their pom-poms with gusto, cheering for us.

"We might just win this!" I whispered to myself.

I took the basketball from Frank and at the exact moment, Annabeth stepped towards me. The boys and girls surrounded us, ready to take the ball. Annabeth intercepted, snatching the ball away from me in a fraction of a second.

ONE MINUTE LEFT.

Her grey eyes met my sea-green ones. "This match is over," she mouthed.

50 SECONDS LEFT.

Annabeth ran towards the hoop in full speed and flung it with gusto. The time seemed to run slowly. The Goode students gasped in astonishment. The Stanford students looked on with excitement. The speed at which Annabeth ran seemed to slow down. I ran along with her, hoping I could stop it.

RING!!!

"Anddddd, the match is won by the Stanford Snipers!" the commentator announced.

The Stanford students stood up, cheering with excitement for their players.
Annabeth Chase smirked at me. As much as I expected hatred to overwhelm me, nothing happened. I looked at her with admiration.

What a player.

-•-

"So?" Rachel's voice echoed through the empty hallways. "The Goode Gorgons finally lost, right?" she said, with a hint of mischief in her emerald eyes.

"Rachel!" I whined. "You are in Goode! You're supposed to support us!"

Rachel burst out laughing. "I'm sorry! This is WAY TOO funny! How can you guys make normal sports into a game of death or life?"

I folded my arms. "It IS death or life for us! Especially with Coach Hedge there!" I said crossly. Then... "Oh shit, COACH HEDGE..." I said, realization dawning over me.

Rachel wiped tears from her eyes. "Comedy gold!"

"RACHEL!"

"Sorry, sorry!" Rachel held her hands up in surrender. She leaned against a random locker. "What do you think of the captain?"

"Wha-? Oh, you mean Annabeth Chase?" I asked.

Rachel's hands went limp. "Y-you know her name?"

"U-uh yeah..." I replied, weakly.

Even just saying her name brought her into my mind. Honey blond hair tumbling down her back, her stormy but beautiful grey eyes ready to face any challenge, her smile...but for some weird reason, she seemed familiar. It's like the thought of her wanted to bring back some memory that my brain didn't want to resurface.

"Hey? Percy? PERCY!" Rachel shook me by my shoulders, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Um, y-yeah. What happened?" I said, sheepishly rubbing the back of my neck.

Rachel turned her gaze to the floor. "Nothing." She brushed a strand of her bright red hair away. "Nothing at all."

-•-

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!
Guys! I updated!! WHOOO BABY!
Does that mean I'm back online?

YES!!!

I know I've been gone forever but I'm ready to post new chapters, guys!!! Also, I lately hit ten followers and I'm super grateful for that.
I know that it's very hard to get easy recognition on Wattpad and there are so many more unrecognized writers that are WAYYYYY better than me.

Anyways, I ALSOOOO hit 100+ views on Slam Dunk and that is AWESOME!!! Thank you Mysticorns!!! ❤️❤️❤️
I loveeee you!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Bug out!
Scarlet Rose 🌹